Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How To: Fog Light Mod

12K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  tx_bandit 
#1 · (Edited)
Went out and bought these Grand Cherokee Projector Fogs:

Which work ok but have just standard bulbs with really dim LED lit halos:

I already had a HIDGATE HID Kit for the fog-lights so I looked around for some LED halo rings and found these for only NINE BUCKS SHIPPED!
(PM me if you want to know where as we can't list links to competitors to vendors)

So I took the fogs apart, starting with the two screws holding the projector housing:

Next use a flat blade screwdriver to release the clips on either side:

Once you remove the projector housing it comes apart like this:

Now remove the halo ring. Its a tight fit but it comes out:

Here is the halo ring removed from the housing:

Now you can take the main housing apart. Its held together with black silicon. I ran a razor around the outside rim between the housing and the glass lens. Then pushed the lens out from behind using a wood dowel (a broom stick can be used too :)):

Clean the old silicon off the glass lens otherwise it won't stay together when we reassemble later:

Apply a ring of clear silicon around the inside edge of the halo:

You may want to seal the exposed electronics on the back with a bead of silicon as well:

Here is the assembled and dried LED halo on the projector housing. It is now too big to fit through the back of the light housing which is why we took it apart a few steps ago:

Slip the projector and halo unit in place through the front, re-install the screws to hold it in place, then silicon the glass lens back on the housing. Here is the final result:

While I had the fogs apart I went ahead and installed the HID bulbs by using a Dremel to cut out the area marked below:

I then used the dremel to cut down the bottoms of the HID bulbs (the plastic that twists into the socket - not the bulb itself) And siliconed the bulbs to the back plates of the projector housing:

Here is the projector housing with the HID bulbs installed:

Here they are on the car. Its raining here so it was hard to get a decent shot and I wasn't able to set the white balance (I was getting wet!) so the lights look blue but they are 6000k white.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.