Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

300c LED Ghost Shadow Projector Lights - opinions please

41K views 131 replies 21 participants last post by  RichardMS 
#1 ·
Hi all, opinions appreciated please...

We have the opportunity to source/stock 300c LED Ghost Shadow Projector Lights in various custom designs similar to those of our badges. The LED image can be multi coloured.

The LED's seem to be popular for other makes or models and are normally fitted to the door cards to project the logo when the door is opened, but other uses include projecting the image to Engine Bays, Boot carpets, Cabin floor mats etc.

Prices are likely to be ÂŁ19.99 per pair/ÂŁ34.99 per four for the attached custom designs which'll be made for us.

We'd appreciate any 'yeys' or 'neys' as to likes/dislikes (if likes, which designs?) so comments welcomed and if of interest we maybe able to do a discounted group buy.

Attachments

See less See more
#39 ·
I'm thinking of tapping off from the cabin dimmer switch (next to headlight switch), as well as dimmer there's the on position also so I'm guessing that'll be live when the cabin lights are on. What I want to do is have some under the sideskirts that come on when you unlock the car/cabin lights are on. The problem is getting the feed inside the car to somewhere near the sideskirts. Anyone seen any access holes along the side of the car? I though there was some wiring ready somewhere for the fitting of the Startech ones?

#52 ·
There is access hole on the floor pan, which is sealed by a rubber grommet near the front jacking points. You feed wire out from the floor pan and run it to the side skirts. The carpets will need to be lifted for feeding wire to make proper connection. I cannot remember the colour coding but I think it might be the 'white wire with the yellow stripe' or 'yellow wire with the white stripe' for the cabin courtesy lights. The negative is achieve by connecting the wire to anywhere good for ground. The cabin courtesy wire travels down to A pillar to the side sills both sides, you can access the wires by lifting the carpet. To make it easier finding the correct wire in the loom, remove the cabin courtesy lights and trace it back, hopefully its either 'white wire with the yellow stripe' or 'yellow wire with the white stripe' ( I honestly cannot remember, its been a while). Alternative you can hook up a voltmeter and determine directly at the sills.

(My thoughts regarding rear doors - For near OEM fitment, remove the rear door card, feed new wire through following the electric window loom from the rear door to the B pillar and then meet up with the 'white wire with the yellow stripe' or 'yellow wire with the white stripe' at the sills. You is rubber boot housing the wires carry the loom from the door to the B pillar). Hope it helps.

Good luck everyone with the led mod :fing02:

#40 ·
Spoke to Paul at the recent Prescott Hill meet about these. I also have very bright blue LED puddle lights including all four doors. They look great and a real head turner at night. I'd be very interested in these. I agree with some of the comments about designs, I don't think the wing would work or any fine detailed design. Personally I would suggest three simple designs: 300C, SRT and MOPAR. These just about cover everything and are bold enough to make an effect.

For me, bright blue LED with a 300C logo.

#41 ·
Spoke to Paul at the recent Prescott Hill meet about these. I also have very bright blue LED puddle lights including all four doors. They look great and a real head turner at night. I'd be very interested in these. I agree with some of the comments about designs, I don't think the wing would work or any fine detailed design. Personally I would suggest three simple designs: 300C, SRT and MOPAR. These just about cover everything and are bold enough to make an effect.

For me, bright blue LED with a 300C logo.
??? .... buts thats exactly the photo Paul shows at the beginning of the thread, of the actual light projecting -it looks fine?

#42 ·
Dare I post it up... heres a sample Volvo one. As per the Chrysler Wing they do seem to be able to reproduce a fair amount of detail as in shading/3D. I've been playing with the designs a tad more and making them a little more 3D by embossing the text. I've forwarded these along with the 'flat' text designs to our supplier to ask their opinions on the image reproduction.

... Martin, how have you fed/fitted the back door puddle lights?

Attachments

#43 ·
I'm liking the thought of Srt in white and the 8 in red. :)

#47 ·
Tim, I don't have rear puddle lights I guess like everyone else but do have rear courtesy lights. I assume you have electric windows throughout therefore there will be power getting into the rear doors. As the LED strip and wiring is so thin you can peel back the rubber seal near the door hinge and feed the wire through there. Once in with the removal of some inner panels you can either splice onto the rear courtesy lights if fitted or feed through and splice into the front puddle lights going through the same rubber seal point on the doors. This method requires quite a bit of work but possible.

Hope this helps

Martin

#48 ·
we'll be looking at producing the attached 4 designs to begin with. Reading back through the posts we have -

SRT8
KB
UK300SRT
300 Hemi
Chrisp

Chrysler 300c
dadsincharge
odo

SRT Design
Richard MS
RathR9

Darkstarsinner no design specified

Based on these numbers, forum/group buy price will be ÂŁ21.99 (set of 2) & ÂŁ3.99 P&P / ÂŁ36.99 (set of 4) ÂŁ5.99 P&P based on designs attached and a pre order basis, thereafter ÂŁ24.99 & ÂŁ39.99 + P&P

Could you please PM me to confirm design and no's of sets (1 x set = 2 LED projectors). We'll be taking pre-orders until end of play Tuesday ready to order them up on Wednesday, please also include your Paypal Email address.

If anyone would like a different/specific design please let me know via PM.

Attachments

#54 ·
PM sent

#61 ·
Well being the impatient sort :yup: and not wanting to wait for my custom ones on order I have managed to find some basic Chrysler ones.
Also not being able to resist looking at how they work I have taken them apart :biglaugh: 5 pence coin to show scale.
Looking at this I can see my ideas may very well work :D

This pic is approx 18"-20" from the garage wall giving an image around 16"-17".

I then projected this to the opposite wall and it gave a quite clear image of around 5'.
I can't wait to receive my SRT Design ones now :yup:

#62 ·
It looks nice, it will look good on the car :fing02::fing02::fing02:

#63 ·
Hi:wave: Hi! think it is a great idea to use those "micro projectors"! :) I can't wait to get them on custom300cshop. I prefer the white/blue 300C design or the same ones as addet in a pictures above by RichardMS :) It's a small price to add something special to You beloved CAR :biggthump

#66 ·
I bought another two sets of standard Chrysler ones, Fitted them in the fronts doors today but further out than the puddle lights, Hope to get some pics later showing them in action.
Here's one of it in the door card.

I did try one in the passenger footwell and it looked great, The only problem was when the glovebox went back in I found it to be in the way of it closing.
It could be mounted further back out of the way but I think this wouldn't look right as it would be too far back and out of the way then.

#69 ·
Cheers Tim, Didn't take them off just took the four screws out so I could see behind the card.
I wanted to go further out but the door pocket is in the way to do that unfortunately.
I kept the puddle light and have soldered the wires directly into it onto the contacts.

#72 ·
All ghost lights sent this morning via first class recorded so hopefully all will be in receipt tomorrow/Thurs... who'll be the first to fit and get pic's up.. my moneys on Richard.. lol.

If this 12v dc supply thingy I just bought works will post some pic's up later when I have a 'darkroom'

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.