Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

300c LED Ghost Shadow Projector Lights - opinions please

41K views 131 replies 21 participants last post by  RichardMS 
#1 ·
Hi all, opinions appreciated please...

We have the opportunity to source/stock 300c LED Ghost Shadow Projector Lights in various custom designs similar to those of our badges. The LED image can be multi coloured.

The LED's seem to be popular for other makes or models and are normally fitted to the door cards to project the logo when the door is opened, but other uses include projecting the image to Engine Bays, Boot carpets, Cabin floor mats etc.

Prices are likely to be £19.99 per pair/£34.99 per four for the attached custom designs which'll be made for us.

We'd appreciate any 'yeys' or 'neys' as to likes/dislikes (if likes, which designs?) so comments welcomed and if of interest we maybe able to do a discounted group buy.

Attachments

See less See more
#86 ·
Same here got to collect tomorrow :(

#89 ·
Fitted one in my front door card this arbo. The fitting of the projector itself isn't too bad with exception of the hole saw/hole being a tad small and I needed to file it a little larger. Cut the supply to the stock puddles since these are replacing anyway and just popped the lens back in. I've also taken a supply from the stock puddle into the car so I can install/wire projectors in the back doors.

More pic's to come as I have them

Attachments

#94 ·
Both fitted but need to look at one again as every time I shut the door it moves position.

#95 ·
Glad you got them. Got to revist mine also as I mounted one just a fraction too close to the door so the projected image has the very top of the circle cut. Couldn't see the image clearly enough in the daylight so didn't notice. Was going to do today but ended up calling out the RAC as I couldn't get in to it. Battery wasn't totally dead but flat enough so it wouldn't operate the central locking. Must have been the 3 or 4 hours I was messing about with it yesterday. Surprised it doesn't have a charge point or at least a connection point/wires somewhere accessible like under the wheel arch or somewhere, just somewhere you could connect an external battery to, to get enough juice into the system in an emergency to operate the central locking. Don't think it would aid a thief.

#98 ·
Got mine Friday and fitted today. Took about 45 mins on passenger side and 15 mins drivers side. I drilled into the door card leaving the puddle lights as is. Hardest part was trying to tighten the nut - big hands and little space. Will try to put a pic up when it gets dark.

#99 ·
No one else brave the cold to get em fitted??

Tried for the back doors but they're pretty well a no go I reckon. The underside lip isn't in itself wide enough because of the inside cubby hole (when looking inside the panel). Did think about mounting them higher up, next to the handle which would be ok but the projected image is too large and shines over the door sill etc. May revisit it again when its warmer. One under the rear bumper coming on with the boot light is next for me.

#100 ·
Couple of pics from last night photos don't do it justice. One from each side and one with a flash.

Attachments

#101 ·
Pic 2

Attachments

#103 ·
Does the lens for the puddle light pull out this end? I pulled mine down yesterday for a quick look and it came out so far but didn't seem to want to come out (didn't want to force it) felt like the cables were holding it how much cable comes out when you release the lens.

Attachments

#104 ·
Looks like the right way. Should be the edge/end facing front of car. Just a screw driver to ease the front edge out first then it'll pull down easy. There is enough cable on the lens although its clipped a little higher but can be yanked down to expose more wire. I just cut the puddle light supply and soldered to the new projector wiring.

#107 ·
Started to have a go at mine and the puddle light lens clips are broke both sides looks like someones had them out before because the little tabs that hold them in are both snapped they virtually fell out when i touched them plus when you pull them down they wont come out of the door because the wires are clipped to the doorcard about 2inches back and wont allow the lens to come out of the door. I undid the 4 screws along the bottom of the card but that wont allow you to pull the card forward enough to get your hand behind to see how the wire is clipped. So stared to remove the grey rivets and after breaking 2 i have gave up for today totally pi~~ed off. I think i'll need some grey rivets before i have another go plus 2 puddle light lens'. Any in stock Paul? What a fooking faff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.