'05 300c won't start .. :-( - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums
Interested in the Dodge Challenger? Be sure to check out the Dodge Challenger Forum for your Dodge Challenger information!
» Featured Product
» Buyers Guide

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums > Regional Forums > UK & Europe Regional Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

UK & Europe Regional Forum This section is for topics relating to the EU versions of the Chrysler 300 and diesel powered models.

300cForums.com is the premier Chrysler 300c Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 05:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Points: 402, Level: 1 Points: 402, Level: 1 Points: 402, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 26% Activity: 26% Activity: 26%

Car: 2005 Chrysler 300c
Member Number: 43445
'05 300c won't start .. :-(

Hi there,

Out of nowhere, my 300c wouldnt start. What happens:

Turn the key over, the MIL light will stay on, and sometimes the ETC light (the red one next to the mil light, looks like a thunder icon). The MIL will stay on, little while later it flashes around 10 times, then back to on.

The car had two codes p0463 and p2068. Checked it with acc-on-acc-on trick. Cleared it with the fuse trick, in the hope my car will start. Thus i checked it with the acc-on trick, and codes are gone.

Yet the car wont start. It just rotates the starter motor.

Also i swapped the relay from the fuel pump, with my window-wiper relay. That didn't help.

Weird part is, I researched forums and google on these codes. But all of them was still able to drive to the dealer etc. Mine just won't start, I can't bring it to the dealer.

Any tips or advise on what I can diagnose next or try? I tried both key's (Both were working keys, when i bought the car. Only used one for the last two years. ) Maybe it's stuck in the immobilizer (cut the ignition off?) ?

Many thanks, and sorry for this post being my first!

Greetings

Video of the car ..

youtube > bazcxYZtug0 (cant post links.)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 06:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium Member
Points: 49,987, Level: 1 Points: 49,987, Level: 1 Points: 49,987, Level: 1
Activity: 64% Activity: 64% Activity: 64%

Car: 2005 CHRYSLER 300C 5.7 HEMI (83W)
Member Number: 12398
If the starter is turning it won't be your immobiliser,them codes you stated are for fuel level sensors

single led 501's(not crappy flowery multi led,g4y type bulb,lol)
4300k hid main lights
4300k hid fog lights
Massive Brembo Gran Turismo Brake kit upgrade
Diablo Predator
RS UV-1, 20" alloys
NEVER SAY NEVER
Immobiliser screwed for the 2nd time in a year
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-26-2013, 06:08 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yes, figures.

But i cleared the code's assuming I could drive it. But, also on google. Others with the same codes, still were able to drive ... Mine's not starting, also my fuel level is around 3/4
Old 02-26-2013, 06:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium Member

Fault Code: P2068

EOBD / ISO Description
Fuel Level Sensor "B" Circuit High

Component / System Description
Note that there could be more than one fuel level sensor; one sensor being used for the fuel gauge and the second providing a signal to the control unit for other purposes such as assisting Evaporative Emission control calculations. It is therefore possible that a fault has been detected due to the difference in the signals between the two sensors (the control unit may be able to assess which sensor is at fault due to fuel used compared with distance travelled). The fault could also be detected due to a simple wiring or connection fault (e.g. short or open circuit) causing an incorrect voltage or signal value in the circuit.

Meaningful description and quick check
The value of the level sensor signal (e.g. voltage) is either at full value (e.g. battery voltage with no signal or frequency) or, the signal exists but it is above the normal operating range (higher than the maximum operating limit). Possible fault in the level sensor or wiring e.g. short / open circuits, circuit resistance, incorrect sensor resistance or, fault with the reference / operating voltage; interference from other circuits can also affect sensor signals.

NOTE 1. Check for other fault codes that could provide additional information. NOTE 2. If a fault cannot be located with the applicable components or wiring, it may be necessary to check operation of the control unit (ECU). NOTE 3. Communication between control units / modules can pass through a CAN-Bus system; check for CAN-Bus related faults and fault codes.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium Member

Fault Code: P0463

EOBD / ISO Description
Fuel Level Sensor "A" Circuit High

Component / System Description
Note that there could be more than one fuel level sensor; one sensor being used for the fuel gauge and the second providing a signal to the control unit for other purposes such as assisting Evaporative Emission control calculations. It is therefore possible that a fault has been detected due to the difference in the signals between the two sensors (the control unit may be able to assess which sensor is at fault due to fuel used compared with distance travelled). The fault could also be detected due to a simple wiring or connection fault (e.g. short or open circuit) causing an incorrect voltage or signal value in the circuit.

Meaningful description and quick check
The value of the level sensor signal (e.g. voltage) is either at full value (e.g. battery voltage with no signal or frequency) or, the signal exists but it is above the normal operating range (higher than the maximum operating limit). Possible fault in the level sensor or wiring e.g. short / open circuits, circuit resistance, incorrect sensor resistance or, fault with the reference / operating voltage; interference from other circuits can also affect sensor signals.

NOTE 1. Check for other fault codes that could provide additional information. NOTE 2. If a fault cannot be located with the applicable components or wiring, it may be necessary to check operation of the control unit (ECU). NOTE 3. Communication between control units / modules can pass through a CAN-Bus system; check for CAN-Bus related faults and fault codes
Old 02-26-2013, 06:45 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks, both the same description?

I have checked the connectors at the fuelpump it self, and looks intact and clean around the area. (under the rear seat (at the drivers side)

I don't know what other sort wires, that might be faulty, considering these two fault codes.

But, why it keeps the MIL on when there are no codes? (like in the video .. ) ?
Old 02-26-2013, 06:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Elite Contributing Member
Points: 19,050, Level: 1 Points: 19,050, Level: 1 Points: 19,050, Level: 1
Activity: 67% Activity: 67% Activity: 67%

Car: 2008 Chrysler 300C SRT Design Diesel
Member Number: 28359
I assume your car is NOT the diesel version because the "key switch" fiddle doesn't normally work on the diesel version ??

I dont think the 2 codes should be related to the engine not starting, but it does seem a big coincidence. I suppose its possible that it prevents the engine starting if both codes appear, but I cant really see the point of Chrysler doing that.

You really need access to a code reader. Where are you in the country ??

If you press and hold the "Music Button" and the "Compass Button" on the steering wheel for a few seconds while the ign is on you can get into the EVIC menu. On one of the screens which you can acces via the Up/Down buton on wheel there is one screen that shows the fuel content in Ltrs of each of the 2 sections of the fuel tank. They rarely read the same level cos the 300C has a strange saddle bag type tank and fuel returns from the HP pumnp to a different side of the tank from where it was sucked out by the electric pump in the tank.

When you first turn the ignition to the "Run" position before turning the engine over, if you listen carefully you should hear the hum of the electric pump in the tank which should operate for about 15 seconds or so.

All the above applies just to the diesel version.

Could be any one of dozens of problems, but as said before you really need a code reader.
If there are definitley no codes I would personally check the crankshaft sensor first, then the camshaft sensor.

Jack

Last edited by jackwalton; 02-26-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Points: 19,050, Level: 1 Points: 19,050, Level: 1 Points: 19,050, Level: 1
Activity: 67% Activity: 67% Activity: 67%

Car: 2008 Chrysler 300C SRT Design Diesel
Member Number: 28359
Ive just seen your video and would guess your not in the UK because your speed indication is in Km.

Even though I suggested it may be your crankshaft sensor I would GUESS that is probably OK because I noticed your RPM move up slightly when turning the engine over.

You do need a Code Reader though.

Jack
Old 02-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium Member

The keydance doesn't work on CRuDs,only on the Hemi's,so as Jack says you need a code reader.

Nothing to do with the topic nut I noticed your gear display read P,R,N,D,3,L...mine doesnt
Old 02-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
Points: 12,609, Level: 1 Points: 12,609, Level: 1 Points: 12,609, Level: 1
Activity: 52% Activity: 52% Activity: 52%

Car: 2006 Chrysler 300C CRD Touring in Mineral Grey
Member Number: 7282
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolletje View Post
Cleared it with the fuse trick,
What's the "fuse trick" for clearing codes? I would like to try this, as my TorquePro can't do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement