Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

What make and where to get the Lower control arms

6K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  N/East Unlocker 
#1 ·
Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, my front and rear lower control arms have gone so need new ones, any ideas on what is the best replacement and where to get them from???

#2 ·
I replaced mine with First Line parts from most parts shop,not saying they're the best but they've been on a few years and not badly priced,however if you want really good ones then get in touch with Hellraiser (Justin),he got some from America and when I fitted them for him the bush is actually rose jointed so there's no strain on any rubber bush but that cost a bit but f00k me are they good,the ball joints he had for the bottom arm were Moog and so were his ARB links

#5 ·
Why not? I would,why change something if it ain't broke

#7 ·
If it's the bottom ball joint you're on about they're about £300 so just change the ball joint but you'll need a press to remove it from the arm and to put to back in

#8 ·
Hi JD, I followed your link but it seems we are a bit different which concerns me, I need the lower forward and back arms changed but was going to do the uppers at the same time.

So I think I have it right in my head but I am a bit unsure about ordering stuff from part numbers in the from the USA due to the differences in the make description, this is what I think I need and I can get it all from RockAuto;

MOOG # CHTC10135 Steering Type: Control Arm
MOOG # CHTC10134 Steering Type: Control Arm
DORMAN # 521014 Control Arm Front Lower x2
MOOG # RK620257 R-Series Control Arm
MOOG # RK620258 R-Series Control Arm

Help is appreciated

Steven

#9 · (Edited)
OK, CHTC10134 and 5 are the upper control arms (or wishbones if you prefer) - those will ship from the UK. The 521014 are the lower arms. Curious as to why you're going for the Moog control arms, when the Mevotechs are superior and only 3 quid more, but they will do the job if you're trying to save cash - Ray seems to like my Mevotechs though :) Bear in mind the Moog balljoints are sealed, whereas the Mevotechs have the grease fitting, so in theory they should last longer (provided you grease them at regular intervals).

JD

#10 ·
I like them because they are rose jointed and sealed so no strain on any bushings..........brilliant idea,should have been done from factory

#14 · (Edited)
Just had a few bits delivered
MEVOTECH CMS25121
MEVOTECH CMS25120
DORMAN 521014 (2)
MOOG ES3571 (2)

Now I also need a front hub and a couple of drop links & ArB's

TIMKEN HA590030 {#4779199AA}
MOOG K80823 {#4782717AA, 4895483AA, 4895483AB} Problem Solver; Integral seal, no boot
MOOG K80822 {#4782716AA, 4895482AA, 4895482AB} Problem Solver; Integral seal, no boot

They have the usa/canada flags next to these , would they be ok for our uk crd , as they have the correct part numbers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.