Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Adjustable Coilovers issue

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  SRT ROB 
#1 ·
Hi Guys

Had coilovers fitted but the garage in question had the rear too low and because they made such a bodge of the whole thing I was reluctant to go back to them.

So I've gone somewhere else as I want the back raised by 15mm and the dampers adjusted for a softer ride.

I tried myself to adjust the rear height but the shock is in the way. anyway, the new garage have advised that they need to remove the springs to do this and then adjust the shocks and if it needs doing again then repeat the process to get it correct. Because I want a softer ride they advised they need to hight the front slightly too. Quoted 3 hours in total (£172.80), but if they don't get it right first time then another 3 hours (so another £172.80). I thought the idea of adjustable coilovers was so that I could get my adjusting spanner on it and lower or raise it myself (not quite sure on the damper settings though).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lance

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
The rears are a pain to adjust, your best bet would be take the bottom shock bolt out and give it a try, I have heard that some people drop the subframe to adjust it but I never needed too. There is a formula to use somewhere, something like every 1/4" lifts the car 1", I'll see if I can find where I got it from, this way if you know how much you need to lift it by they shouldn't really need to do it again.

Also I see no reason they would want to touch the front, have the rears done and see where your at with the height, If you do need to lift the front slightly, I had to on mine, its only a 10min job a side.

#3 ·
So they charge nearly £60 an hour??? must put my rates up........lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.