Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

LPG SRT-8 6.1 Hemi

6K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  bi6raf 
#1 · (Edited)

LPG BRC system fitted to my SRT8 6.1 £1.600 fitted
68 Lt tank
Birmingham 0.43p Lt with the tank full 1ST test managed 235 miles on a run with some motorway journeys now full again to see what i get around town.
I have also a Chrysler voyager 3.3 (5 years) and get less mileage than Hemi 6.1 will post other results later

V6 3.3 71Lt tank full 65Lt @ 0.57 = £37.05 Cov. Price LPG
" " 0.43 = £27.95 Brum price LPG
180 miles around town
220 miles motorway

V8 6.1 68Lt tank 67Lt @ .57 = £38.19 Cov
" " .43 = £28.81 Brum
Got 235 miles on first full tank test, will see how i get on.
My first service is free then £30 every 10,-12,000 miles

See less See more
#8 ·
Open an ISA ::wink::

Reactions: philthompsonjnr
#9 ·
Phil, way cool and a very practical mod for Europe.

Please keep us updated on the "sorting" and how it affects performance. Stock 2006 SRT8s have been clocked at 171 mph. It'd be great to see what you get on LPG.

One thing you ought to get is a much longer lived motor, at least that's the word I hear over here.

Reactions: philthompsonjnr
#11 ·
Not bad mate, see if you can beat 185 miles for £25.00 gas. I did a trip to Aston Villa from London. London prices were approximately 65 pence per litre at that time, however fuel prices have dropped but not as much compared to prices down your way. My local Shell is currently 59 pence per litre, only trouble is their pumps cut off far too early.

Did you get the vaporiser re-tuned? I'll be servicing mine soon, just the filter change.

#12 ·
Is there some kind of knack required for re-fuelling? The reason for asking is that after filling up with diesel in Devon last year, I was kept waiting at the pay desk while the attendant went to provide assistance at the LPG pump. The attendant apologised for keeping me waiting and told me that he was fed up having to help drivers who had recently had their cars converted and when trying to fill up for the first time, they couldn't do it.

#14 ·
There are 2 different style of nozzles, which fit UK bayonet, known as DeVissor nozzle and GasGuard nozzle. I like the DeVissor style, its easy to plug in.

With LPG becoming popular, those who are new may struggle and I have seen customers needing help, though mainly with the GasGuard nozzles.

See post 63 of 83, I added a video tutorial to the following thread.

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/uk-europe-regional-forum/101709-lpg-system-hemi-7.html

Reactions: devilmaycare
#16 ·
Still very pricey to get it done in UK
Reading through the post those symptoms of lpg cutting out is just indication of little experience with huge engines. Had that once before and the fuel lines were to thin, so with a huge power engine on the full throttle system will cut the lpg out.
You shouldn't see no power loss too
I did my two S classes before and paid 800 quid for similar system once on holiday in Poland

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.