Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Fault codes list

58K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  steadyaway 
#1 ·
As above does anyone have a link to the thread with the complete fault code list please ? I have done a search but it's hiding . The new owner of Stef's car is having a few problems

#2 ·
If you cant find it let me know tomorrow what codes you are after and I will have a look for you

#3 ·
#11 ·
I've got them on my superfandango diag box,give me the codes and I'll have a look tomorrow,really could do with reading the car as my machine does more than just read errors,you need to find a garage that has the Soccio diagnostics tool and that can use it properly

#12 ·
Thanks chaps I am waiting for him to get back to me with the codes , I printed out a list for myself ages ago but he wanted a copy. He is going to join the Forum when he gets a moment . I know the first code was for: system to rich bank 1 , so maybe the 02 sensor

#14 ·
trouble is it's EOBD and not vehicle specific,EOBD is only a small amount of information to let people read with the handheld cheapies you can get,the rest is stored in vehicle specific which you can only read if you have a vehicle specific reader..................like mine...........lol

#16 ·
Do you really mean "vehicle" specific, rather than "manufacturer" specific? I have the complete list of codes in the LX maintenance manual, which I suspect is common to Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep. There is good correspondence between this list and the Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep option on my OBDII App. I have checked the App against codes which have been mentioned on this forum and most of them have been recognised. The ones that haven't were not in the LX manual either. The App claims to have over 11,000 codes, including manufacturer specific P, U, B and C codes for 29 manufacturers. I'm sure the App will have deficiencies, but for the sake of a couple of quid I'm happy to have it at the ready in my phone.

#17 ·
I mean the code reader needs to be vehicle specific and not just an EOBD reader

#19 ·
they do for EOBD but for vehicle specific they use their own codes,Renaults are culprits for it,a lot of their codes begin with 000 but you wont see that with an EOBD reader.Heres an example,if you put the wrong engine code in for VW's VX's just to name a couple it won't read them and will give you false error codes.EOBD is good I'm not disputing that but vehicle specific reads what the EOBD won't let you read.
Also when you wipe the fault clear with your EOBD tool,the fault stays in the vehicle specific side of the ECU,so when it goes in for a proper scan and you think the fault has been cleared,it hasn't,sort of same thing the other way round too,when we clear a fault in VS we also clear it in EOBD but sometimes when we clear it in VS it auto clears it in EOBD,ours also has proper live data and can do tests,reset injectors,etc.,etc.,make your windows go up and down and even turn yer telly on if fitted..............lol

#20 ·
Interesting Android App

Have just spotted this post from Rambit which describes a very comprehensive Android app which works via an OBD2 Bluetooth dongle: http://www.300cforums.com/forums/tu...d-phone-obdii-app-torquescan.html#post1039411

I think I might go ahead and order the kit as its not expensive. It looks as if it might work on my Audi as well.

The 0-60 timing feature can use smartphone GPS data, so this may eliminate false readings induced by wheelspin, although these could be replaced by GPS data latency issues.

#25 ·
2008C, 5.7

Got the engine light three times now. First time the fault cleared before I got to AutoZone.

Next time I got to AutoZone. Guy read the code (didn't write it down, natch) and it was for a solenoid fault in the MDS. (I saw it myself so his read was OK). However, before I got two miles the fault cleared again. Tonight it did it again, but then I remembered that all three times it happened, I'd just washed the car, hosing off the engine in the precess. I know this fault is the same as the other times because the MDS never kicks in.

Sooooo. Can anyone point out me any connections that might be involved so I can see if they are dry and tight?

Thanks much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.