Insurance renewal - Page 6 - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums
Interested in the Dodge Challenger? Be sure to check out the Dodge Challenger Forum for your Dodge Challenger information!
» Featured Product
» Buyers Guide

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums > Regional Forums > UK & Europe Regional Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

UK & Europe Regional Forum This section is for topics relating to the EU versions of the Chrysler 300 and diesel powered models.

300cForums.com is the premier Chrysler 300c Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 04:17 AM   #51 (permalink)
Senior Contributing Member
Points: 6,534, Level: 1 Points: 6,534, Level: 1 Points: 6,534, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Car: 2006 Chrysler Midnite Blue 300c CRD Touring
Member Number: 39985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair View Post
There doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason to insurance premiums. Every year I ask Adrian Flux for a quote as I have another policy through them but the quote for the 300C is always silly money.
I'd agree partly although, to my mind, the reason is that they are trying to gouge as much cash as possible out of the customer.

I was with M & S insurance but, in July some moron ran into my Voyager and totalled it while it was parked over night - they were even kind enough to sweep up the glass and debris off the road so we didn't have to do it...
Naturally they didn't bother to leave any details.

M & S paid up but wanted an extra 150 quid on the premium despite the fact that I [supposedly] had protected NCD. So, I cancelled and went with Hastings Direct at 387. What a mistake that was. I have been inundated with phone calls, letters and emails from Hastings Direct all contradicting each other. [You may know that many so called insurance companies these days are simply shells and the actual insurance part, the underwriting, is farmed out to roughly the same group of under writers] Anyway it seems that Hastings Direct use the same under writers - Premier - as M & S; they seem to have decided that they weren't charging me enough and decided to cancel my NCB. It took 3 months of wrangling with them to get Hastings Direct to agree to re-instate it [by which time they'd upped the premium to 625 citing administration costs] and, when I finally got Hastings Direct to agree I was told that as 3 months had passed then I would have to take out a new policy to get the discount and that they would charge 55 for cancelling the old one...
As you can imagine I was not terribly amused but agreed and got the price back down to 427 as I couldn't face the hassle of shopping around again.
Yesterday Hastings Direct rang me and told me that they had decided that as the accident I had was not a no fault accident i.e. my insurance had paid, Hastings Direct would have to increase my premium by 106...

I am now with John Lewis for 372.

So, if anyone is thinking of using Hastings Direct, be warned!

As a small service to Hastings Direct and to show my appreciation of how Hastings Direct looked after me, I did promise the customer manager I spoke to that I would do my very best to publicize Hastings Direct to every one and in any way I can when he suggested to me a further cancellation fee of 55.00 was due to Hastings Direct together with an administration charge...

I have asked Hastings Direct to invoice me and look forward to an appearance in court to dispute the amount with Hastings Direct or their lawyers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 06:01 AM   #52 (permalink)
Major Contributing Member
Points: 24,166, Level: 1 Points: 24,166, Level: 1 Points: 24,166, Level: 1
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Car: 2009 Chrysler 300c crd SRT Design
Member Number: 28455
To be fair to M+S, a protected NCD doesn't stop the premium increasing after a claim. It just means that your percentage discount on the new premium will be the same as the old one. If you didn't have the NCD protected, your discount on the new premium would have been much less or even zero.

I have heard horror stories about Hastings before which is a concern because my wife has a policy with them. Due to their zero tolerance of even minor modifications, I wanted to switch but the day before her renewal was due she had a 'her fault' accident, appropriately enough, on Friday 13th. This meant that no other insurer would touch her as the claim wasn't settled. In the event Hastings only increased her premium by about 10 and the claim was handled efficiently but, unfortunately, it did mean that we were stuck with hastings for another year. Oddly enough, my wife's accident meant that my 300C insurance jumped by a disproportionate 150 at renewal.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-21-2012, 06:33 AM   #53 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor
Points: 35,668, Level: 1 Points: 35,668, Level: 1 Points: 35,668, Level: 1
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Car: 2010 BMW 520D M Sport Tourer
Member Number: 37145
Quote:
To be fair to M+S, a protected NCD doesn't stop the premium increasing after a claim. It just means that your percentage discount on the new premium will be the same as the old one. If you didn't have the NCD protected, your discount on the new premium would have been much less or even zero.

I have heard horror stories about Hastings before which is a concern because my wife has a policy with them. Due to their zero tolerance of even minor modifications, I wanted to switch but the day before her renewal was due she had a 'her fault' accident, appropriately enough, on Friday 13th. This meant that no other insurer would touch her as the claim wasn't settled. In the event Hastings only increased her premium by about 10 and the claim was handled efficiently but, unfortunately, it did mean that we were stuck with hastings for another year. Oddly enough, my wife's accident meant that my 300C insurance jumped by a disproportionate 150 at renewal.
Its a joke, after my no fault claim in 2009 my own insurance stayed the same but my wife's car insurance company (Diamond) put the cost of her insurance up when they were informed of my no fault claim (at renewal) as I was a named driver on her policy!

Simon

www.custom300cshop.co.uk
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #54 (permalink)
Points: 3,474, Level: 1 Points: 3,474, Level: 1 Points: 3,474, Level: 1
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Car: 2008 Chrysler 300C CRD [YNK]
Member Number: 27470
After hearing the horror story it makes me glad that I've stayed put with my insurer for the last 12 years or so. Even if it is 1250. I know in the past I've not bothered shopping around for better deals, as when I have I found they actually weren't any better, or didn't seem it!

I know I do a lot of miles, I know I live in not such a great Postcode area. It was only 3 years ago my neighbours Audi A4 was written off after it was paint strippered on every panel along with about 3 other cars along the road.

I claimed in 2005 for a non-fault accident, my car was written off after I was shunted from behind into a car in front. My insurer was great. So, I guess it's a case of 'better the devil you know'?
Old 11-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #55 (permalink)
Administrator
Points: 65,202, Level: 1 Points: 65,202, Level: 1 Points: 65,202, Level: 1
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Car: 2008 300c SRT-8 {LCC}
Member Number: 21130
can I remind you chaps of this?......doing an IAM.....getting an IAM certificate is a means of reducing your premium with most firms by around 30%. The course is 139 all in. Thereafter its 30 a year to renew. If your premium is 1000, you can save 300 a year

I seem to remember Stef saying he paid for a 1 day jolly on an airfield when he got his SRT8. That was linked to IAM....and he got the money off his premium

EDIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef View Post
You know it makes sense!

On a side note I had my Performance Car Advanced Driving today, part of it on Kemble Airfield in Gloucestershire and let me tell you, the SRT8 handles amazingly!! My instructor was amazed at the brakes, stopping power he said was absolutely outstanding, totally awesome how quickly that thing stops from 80 MPH to stand still by standing on those brakes, handling wise was very interesting, we played with the ESP settings from fully on to completely off (via the neutral gear, turn ignition key mode).

I turned the car in to a sharp 90 degree turn at 70 MPH and it didn't bat an eyelid, 75 MPH the tyres squealed wildly and the back end drifted slightly, at 80 MPH it lost itself completely and we left the runway and parked on the grass!!

When turning in a wide circle on the runway using the full width of the runway at a comfortable 'just tyre squealing' mode it was fine, as soon as you floored it in one of those turns, no amount of ESP would hold it and a full 360 tyre smoking turn was easily achievable, great fun!!

He told me that there was no way a TVR would have turned that 90 degree turn at 70 MPH without loosing it, ESP is a marvellous thing!

Stef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef View Post
Strangely my SRT8 was 100 a year cheaper to insure than my CRD when I bought it.

I've just renewed with Adrian Flux and got a discount for holding an advanced driver certificate. I'm currently paying 364 fully comp protected with declared modifications (tints, exhaust and CAI). (40 yr old, 13 years no claims)

Stef

Old 11-21-2012, 04:16 PM   #56 (permalink)

Mrs Armchair passed the IAM test and it hasn't made much of a difference. Certainly not 30% and usually nothing at all.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #57 (permalink)
Points: 12,059, Level: 1 Points: 12,059, Level: 1 Points: 12,059, Level: 1
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Car: 2009 Chrysler 300C Touring SRT Design (HSZ)
Member Number: 24976
Quote:
Mrs Armchair passed the IAM test and it hasn't made much of a difference. Certainly not 30% and usually nothing at all.
Have you tried IAM Surety, they are the authorised agents for IAM members?

I paid 278 in April, but I had to get other quotes to negotiate the original renewal quote down to a more acceptable level.

Chrysler/Brink Detachable Towbar
Billet Tech Catch Can
Alternator Shroud
BMC Performance Panel Filter
12 LED DRL's
Larger Intercooler
Viezu V-Switch
H&R TRAK+ 30mm Wheel Spacers

Software
Application: 2.404
Gracenotes: 2059
Old 11-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #58 (permalink)
Administrator
Points: 65,202, Level: 1 Points: 65,202, Level: 1 Points: 65,202, Level: 1
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Car: 2008 300c SRT-8 {LCC}
Member Number: 21130
Quote:

insurers just dont like you, do they?
Old 11-21-2012, 05:30 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Bill View Post
insurers just dont like you, do they?
No
Old 11-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #60 (permalink)
Senior Contributing Member
Points: 6,534, Level: 1 Points: 6,534, Level: 1 Points: 6,534, Level: 1
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Car: 2006 Chrysler Midnite Blue 300c CRD Touring
Member Number: 39985
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix1975 View Post
After hearing the horror story it makes me glad that I've stayed put with my insurer for the last 12 years or so. Even if it is 1250. I know in the past I've not bothered shopping around for better deals, as when I have I found they actually weren't any better, or didn't seem it!

I know I do a lot of miles, I know I live in not such a great Postcode area. It was only 3 years ago my neighbours Audi A4 was written off after it was paint strippered on every panel along with about 3 other cars along the road.

I claimed in 2005 for a non-fault accident, my car was written off after I was shunted from behind into a car in front. My insurer was great. So, I guess it's a case of 'better the devil you know'?
Personally I shall be going for service first in future as I had an incident last year with AA insurance who refused to pay out when my sons bike was stolen as it wasn't covered away from home...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement