Fuel pipes...... - Page 2 - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums
Interested in the Dodge Challenger? Be sure to check out the Dodge Challenger Forum for your Dodge Challenger information!
» Featured Product
» Buyers Guide

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums > Regional Forums > UK & Europe Regional Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

UK & Europe Regional Forum This section is for topics relating to the EU versions of the Chrysler 300 and diesel powered models.

300cForums.com is the premier Chrysler 300c Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
Points: 2,036, Level: 1 Points: 2,036, Level: 1 Points: 2,036, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Car: 2006 chrysler 300c touring
Member Number: 34059
Hi Guys, had a diesel "leak" repaired whilst my alternator ( 300c CrD UK Touring ) was getting replaced recently. Leak involved the right angled hose which sits on the upper offside or drivers(UK)side of the engine block just behind the oil filler cap. The garage which did the repair replaced it "economically" with a bit of "straight" hose and bent it to fit to the two metal stubs which sit at right angles to each other. Since getting the car back I found it difficult to start after it had been sitting overnight (although "hot" starts were ok). Was taking five or six prolonged turns on the key to fire up.
Decided after some deep thought to fit one of these BLUE SILICONE PIPE FUEL & OIL ELBOW 90 DEGREE 9.5mm | eBay - which Grumpy Bob spotted - and its sorted the problem. Obviously the "bend" in the "straight" pipe was restricting the fuel flow.
The bonus was - the new "right angled" hose is supplied overly long on both legs and if you are careful when you cut it to size you get a couple of sufficiently long spare bits - one of which will also replace the adjacent similair hose which is supposed to be a 45degree bend - but this does the job very nicely.
One thing to be aware of, which I recall someone else mentioned in another thread, is the lower of the two stubs involved here is a slightly larger size ( nice one Chrysler!! ). The original "Chrysler" hose is marked 10mm x 11mm but the new "blue" hose with a quick immersion in boiling water for that end slips on ok. The hose clamp for that end then needs to be the next size up (15 - 20???) to suit also. Getting the hoses off and on was made easier by loosening off two of the star drive bolts holding the securing brackets for the metal fuel pipes - one between the cylinder banks and the other below the oil filler cap. Taking care in how you align the hose clamps when you refit them will ensure you have access afterwards for tweaking them up once the star drive bolts are replaced. Nick
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to marcocarly For This Useful Post:
devilmaycare (11-23-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Elite Contributing Member
Points: 10,524, Level: 1 Points: 10,524, Level: 1 Points: 10,524, Level: 1
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Car: 2006 Chrysler 300C CRD Touring in Mineral Grey
Member Number: 7282
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcocarly View Post
One thing to be aware of, which I recall someone else mentioned in another thread, is the lower of the two stubs involved here is a slightly larger size ( nice one Chrysler!! ). Nick
Are these the pipes that go to/from the fuel filter? The fuel filter input/output stubs are different widths, presumably to ensure correct connections.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-23-2012, 02:31 PM   #13 (permalink)

Hi yes Devilmaycare, they are the two stainless type pipes running across the lower middle of the attached pic from the filter ( under the large turbo intake pipe and toward the red mesh covered pipe/cable at the left side. http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9770/98392016.jpg
I follow the philosophy of having different sized pipes to avoid wrong connections but then why put a "reduction" piece into the middle of a pipe run? Maybe it was two different designers who started at opposite ends of the pipe run - and met in the middle - late on a Friday afternoon?? Cheers Nick
The Following User Says Thank You to marcocarly For This Useful Post:
royliz (12-05-2012)
Old 11-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Elite Contributing Member
Points: 10,524, Level: 1 Points: 10,524, Level: 1 Points: 10,524, Level: 1
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Car: 2006 Chrysler 300C CRD Touring in Mineral Grey
Member Number: 7282
Quote:
Maybe it was two different designers who started at opposite ends of the pipe run - and met in the middle - late on a Friday afternoon?? Cheers Nick
Probably the same two who were responsible for locating the swirl motor and alternator!
Old 11-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #15 (permalink)

Hi, classic case of putting foot in mouth - no, the new fuel pipe didn't cure the problem with starting. A night in my mate's warm workshop for the car after replacing the pipe and a good start the following morning fooled me into thinking it had cured the problem. But, a night in the cold following that had me back at square one. So, onto my potential alternative cause and into auto electricians for stint on the diagnostic thingummyjig and lo and flaming behold!
Fault codes as follows:-

P1649 glow plug module power supply circuit,
P0672 cylinder 2 glow plug circuit,
P0671 cylinder 1 glow plug circuit,

U1132 lost communication with generator,
P0562 battery voltage low,
P065A generator system performance,
P065A generator system performance.

So, 2 hours labour, 6 new glowplugs ( thought it best to stick them all in while they were in there anyway.) and 4 new "pins" for the control module and she is starting a treat again.
They replaced the pins from their own stock as the originals over time had enlarged their fitting "apertures" in the module through heat/cold expansion/contraction and were causing a duff connection to the timer element of the module and thus no heat to the glowplugs. Total cost of the pins - 6 - as opposed to a new or recycled module at ????? seemed a bit of a bonus.
The lower faults were a reminder of my failed alternator of two weeks ago and not connected to this prob. So, whats next???? Nick

Last edited by marcocarly; 11-27-2012 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Hit the flaming wrong key too early!
Old 12-05-2012, 12:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Contributing Member
Points: 1,792, Level: 1 Points: 1,792, Level: 1 Points: 1,792, Level: 1
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Car: 2010 (EYO) chrysler 300c crd touring
Member Number: 35705
that my fuel pipes leaking now phoned dealer for warranty work . their too busy will be two weeks before they can even look at it.i suggested that i will fit new pipes(hoses) myself but wanted to know if alternator went due to desiel would that still be under warranty they said no not unless they do all repairs

Roy
Old 12-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor
Points: 78,661, Level: 1 Points: 78,661, Level: 1 Points: 78,661, Level: 1
Activity: 26% Activity: 26% Activity: 26%

Car: Chrysler 300c 2009 CRD
Member Number: 37144
Quote:
( thought it best to stick them all in while they were in there anyway.) and 4 new "pins" for the control module and she is starting a treat again.
They replaced the pins from their own stock as the originals over time had enlarged their fitting "apertures" in the module through heat/cold expansion/contraction and were causing a duff connection to the timer element of the module and thus no heat to the glowplugs. Total cost of the pins - 6 - as opposed to a new or recycled module at ????? seemed a bit of a bonus.
Pins????? what are pins?

www.custom300cshop.co.uk

Clear marker - Startech grill - Rear Rosen twin screens - Lockpick v2 - Front camera & Rear Camera - Chrome Pillars - BMC filter - 20'' SRT8 wheel with Brembo brakes - Billet tech catch can - Billet Tech centre caps- Billet Tech emblems - Billet tech - a/c controls, extra large intercooler, 312bhp 537ft.lbs DIESEL ( dyno proven ) Cobra rear pipes

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Cu...620497?fref=ts
Old 12-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #18 (permalink)

Hi Paul, as I understand it from the auto sparkie they are "connecting" pins forming part of the connection between the glow plug control module and the "plug" on the cable taking power/signals to it. A bit like the brass pins on a 13amp 3 pin plug perhaps? I have to admit I did not get sight of the actual items under discussion so that is my interpretation of what he told me! Regards Nick
Old 12-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #19 (permalink)

Hi also to Royliz, re your problem. Dunno if you saw the post from Olly57 on the "new member introductions" of 28/10/2012 re his prob with Deisel Fuel Pipes & Alternator and the new pipe from the dealer at 75!!!!! (Sorry - I haven't figured out how to "drag in" someone elses post as part of one of mine yet! )
I wonder if the dealership would be equally as resistant to you supplying the "cheaper" hose for them to fit. Although I just remembered you said you were lucky enough to be under warranty still.
I take it the dealers you are using are not very far from a major bus/coachbuilders? Their Service desk rep Charlie Codona has always been good to deal with in any dealings I have had with them. Nick
Old 12-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Contributing Member
Points: 1,792, Level: 1 Points: 1,792, Level: 1 Points: 1,792, Level: 1
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Car: 2010 (EYO) chrysler 300c crd touring
Member Number: 35705
Quote:
Hi also to Royliz, re your problem. Dunno if you saw the post from Olly57 on the "new member introductions" of 28/10/2012 re his prob with Deisel Fuel Pipes & Alternator and the new pipe from the dealer at 75!!!!! (Sorry - I haven't figured out how to "drag in" someone elses post as part of one of mine yet! )
I wonder if the dealership would be equally as resistant to you supplying the "cheaper" hose for them to fit. Although I just remembered you said you were lucky enough to be under warranty still.
I take it the dealers you are using are not very far from a major bus/coachbuilders? Their Service desk rep Charlie Codona has always been good to deal with in any dealings I have had with them. Nick
that the one. too busy to look at never mind fix car for 2 weeks mid january if i want courtese car.must be 1 of very few that are that busy at this time of year. warranty till april if i dont fix it myself have ordered silicone 90 same as yourself will fit the take off when they can fit me in ps wasnt charlie i spoke to.

Roy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement