Paddle Shifter Mod for 2016 300C - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums
2nd Generation Chrysler 300 Discussion This is the area for discussion of the new 2nd generation Chrysler 300.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Points: 217, Level: 1 Points: 217, Level: 1 Points: 217, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Car: 2016 Chrysler 300C
Paddle Shifter Mod for 2016 300C

Hi, Iím new here. Sorry for posting another paddle shifter question but it seems that most of them already posted are quite old. I own a 2016 300C with the 3.6 V6 engine and I would like to add paddle shifters to it. I see that the pcb buttons for the shifters are already there next to the radio buttons on my car, so all I need to do is installing the metal blades from the MOPAR paddle shifter assemblies. No need to remove the steering wheel airbag to replace the complete paddle shifter assemblies. Is this correct?i
Next, I need a Tazer from Z Automotive to enable sport mode on my car, which changes the shifter selection from PRNDL to PRNDS. It also allows me to enable paddle shifting on my car. Is this correct?
If my two assumptions are correct then this would all be really straight forward.

Many thanks for helping,
Roland
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 09:33 PM
Points: 1,578, Level: 1 Points: 1,578, Level: 1 Points: 1,578, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Car: 2014 Chrysler 300C (JV limited edition, AWD, 5.7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwelte View Post
Hi, Iím new here. Sorry for posting another paddle shifter question but it seems that most of them already posted are quite old. I own a 2016 300C with the 3.6 V6 engine and I would like to add paddle shifters to it. I see that the pcb buttons for the shifters are already there next to the radio buttons on my car, so all I need to do is installing the metal blades from the MOPAR paddle shifter assemblies. No need to remove the steering wheel airbag to replace the complete paddle shifter assemblies. Is this correct?i
Next, I need a Tazer from Z Automotive to enable sport mode on my car, which changes the shifter selection from PRNDL to PRNDS. It also allows me to enable paddle shifting on my car. Is this correct?
If my two assumptions are correct then this would all be really straight forward.

Many thanks for helping,
Roland
I am willing to bet you would need a different wiring harness, as the wires leading up to the paddle shifters would not be where you need them to be. If not, you could experiment with an entire wheel assembly from a donor car. I don't see a separate process for removing the paddles. I think all 300S cars came with them.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 08:26 PM
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Car:
Hi Rwelte, I did this to my 2018 300 touring (has no paddles from factory), you are correct; you will need the Tazer and you will just need to buy the paddle+button combo pieces for the Mopar SRT or RT models. I did see the small PCB "button" for the shift paddle on the factory rear steering buttons; maybe you could see if the stock rear button pieces could be modded to use the shift paddles without taking the airbag off? That said, the entire paddle units aren't too pricey; mine were new OEM's for $87 shipped. I did it the hard way by removing the airbag and replacing the audio button units with the SRT paddle shift+audio ones. Either way the steering wheel is already wired up, just follow the instructions (plenty of YouTube videos) for installing the paddle units (or I guess just paddles if you want to try that) as well as using the Tazer module.

Couple of things; first make sure to update your Tazer module to the latest version. Mine was set to a version from like 2013 out of the box. Second, if you do choose the airbag removal method (kind of the standard route most people take) you will likely find the airbag removal to be an absolute PITA. It took me an HOUR just to get the stupid thing off. Once I did that though, the rest was cake. Just take your time and be patient.

One issue that I am having is that while I can shift into manual mode, I cannot see what gear I am in once I do. Even with the option showing my gears in Drive and L, once I engage the paddles the number disappears. If I go back to standard automatic, they reappear. I cannot get the numbers to appear at all when shifting. I have sent an email to zautomotive support and I will reply back once I get an answer. Maybe I need to enable "S" mode instead of "L" through my Tazer unit, or perhaps I missed a step. I'll let you know what I find.

TLDR; Yes, it works. Tazer + OEM SRT Paddles on 2018 Touring V6.

Last edited by douglas685; 06-11-2019 at 08:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement