Front passenger suspension lower than driver side - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums
General Discussion General Discussion topics about the Chrysler 300 and other LX models that don't fit within the specific listed categories below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

Car:
Front passenger suspension lower than driver side

Hello guys, I need advice with the suspension on my 05 Chrysler 300c. Recently I changed all the front control arms upper and lower pretty much everything, including ball joints and sway bar links, except the spindle arm. Also replaced the struts and spring assembly on both sides. Replaced rear shocks also.
I noticed that passenger side sits 3/4 inch lower than driver side. I can see the difference when I'm driving I can kind of feel the unbalance. It's driving me nuts.. when I go over bumps the driver side spring and shock responds I can feel them working responding. Now with the passenger side I don't feel that spring and shock feed back as I go over road bumps. The spacing on the coil looks the same on both sides when the car is on the ground. Is 1 shock spring taller on one side that other?.any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 02:55 AM
Points: 92, Level: 1 Points: 92, Level: 1 Points: 92, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Car: 2013 Chrysler 300S V6
What did you replace the springs and shocks with?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 06:20 AM
DGO
Major Contributing Member
Points: 12,801, Level: 1 Points: 12,801, Level: 1 Points: 12,801, Level: 1
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Car: 2013 & 2014 Chrysler 300c CRD & 300 AWD
Sounds like weak/unequal springs unless you have a problem on the lower arm bushes

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Car:
I bought some shock and spring kits from O'Reily's auto parts.. as a set for the fronts, and set for the backs the back.
I just changed the shocks which the springs are seperate on the back.. all the upper front control arms are new and all the lower ones, front and rear that is. Also the sway bar links and bushing are new. Also lower ball joints are new.. I feel like I have more roll when I hit sharp corners o. The passenger side. And again 3/4 inch lower on passenger. Funny thing is if I jack up the car off the groubd, and then lower it.
It's even on both front sides. But after driving then it drops on The passenger side...
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 05:47 PM

I would raise the issue with O'Reilly's. The kit may use some cheaper springs that aren't up to OE specs or quality rigors. One spring may have sagged. Or take the time and effort to replace the front springs with the factory springs if you still have them. Though OE springs tend to be pretty long so you may consider having a shop do the work. The cheaper spring compressors that most DIYers use tend to be difficult to use to install OE springs. If you decide to take it on yourself, grab as many coils in the compressor as you can. Another option may be to take the coil-over assembly to a shop with the factory springs and pay them to only swap out the spring and so the removal and install yourself.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 07:51 PM
DGO
Points: 12,801, Level: 1 Points: 12,801, Level: 1 Points: 12,801, Level: 1
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Car: 2013 & 2014 Chrysler 300c CRD & 300 AWD
Have you thought about swapping the units side to side and see if that swaps over the sagging?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 06:18 AM Thread Starter

Car:
Yes I swapped the spring assembly from one side to the other and it's the same on passenger side. When I bought the car long ago .I put on 22inch wheels. Sum how my girl cracked my rim in half. But I don't remember seeing this passenger side 3/4 of an inch lower. It used to pull to the right. This was long long ago. I'm wondering if sway bar is bent also....the rims I had were fixed tho. I didn't know. They were welded repaired I notice weld spots when I took the wheel off.. to crack a rim would take a hard impact. N major damage to something. But there wasn't any..maybe sway bar?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

Car:
I have changed pretty much everything for suspension except spindle bar and sway bar. When I lower after having both wheels off the ground it sits level. On both side. After a while then I see the drop of 3/4 of an inch on one side. I bought decent spring kits on the 300 price range compare to oem dealer wanted like 500 to 600 here in california. Strut towers don't seem damage or bent or anything...
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 10:45 AM
Points: 159,843, Level: 1 Points: 159,843, Level: 1 Points: 159,843, Level: 1
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Car: 2007 chrysler 300c SRT8 tourer, (00A)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmendieta View Post
I have changed pretty much everything for suspension except spindle bar and sway bar. When I lower after having both wheels off the ground it sits level. On both side. After a while then I see the drop of 3/4 of an inch on one side. I bought decent spring kits on the 300 price range compare to oem dealer wanted like 500 to 600 here in california. Strut towers don't seem damage or bent or anything...
I would guess that you are tightening the suspension mounting bolts while the wheels are hanging, in effect you are preloading the rubber bushings,
you need to have the suspension carrying the weight of the car before tightening the bolts that are through the bushings, this will put the suspension bushings in a unloaded state and will also prolong the life of the bushings.

Alan.

2006 56 crd tourer Mineral Grey.SOLD
Dec 2007 SRT8 Black tourer with Tints.SOLD
2006 MERC C320 v6 cdi in Black. SOLD
2006 MERC E280 V6 CDI Estate in Blue. SOLD
defected to BMW with a V8 X5. sold

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3ltr crd Overland
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmendieta View Post
Yes I swapped the spring assembly from one side to the other and it's the same on passenger side. When I bought the car long ago .I put on 22inch wheels. Sum how my girl cracked my rim in half. But I don't remember seeing this passenger side 3/4 of an inch lower. It used to pull to the right. This was long long ago. I'm wondering if sway bar is bent also....the rims I had were fixed tho. I didn't know. They were welded repaired I notice weld spots when I took the wheel off.. to crack a rim would take a hard impact. N major damage to something. But there wasn't any..maybe sway bar?
If you want to check the sway bar, disconnect the end links and see if the suspension corrects itself. Then check to see if the ends of the sway bar sit at the same height.

As for a wheel crack, with 22's, I'd imagine you'd be running lower profile tires. Smaller sidewalls equates to less impact resistance. It's also unlikely that aftermarket wheel companies will put the wheels through the same rigors of testing that OE's do. Ford apparently runs their cars up a curb-like profile according to an article I read regarding the GT350R Mustang. Not to mention the proving ground tests which involves some pretty aggressive road surfaces. Either way, the cracked wheel itself should have no effect on the suspension but could indicate they damage occurred at some point. Might be helpful to put it up on ramps so you can inspect it with the suspension loaded and start talking measurements of both sides and compare.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement