Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Where to buy 2015 halogen to HID upgrade?

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Antinome 
#1 ·
I have a 2015 300c non-HID and looking to upgrade to HID but also closely match color/temp of my factory fogs. What's a good place to buy from and should it be around 4300k to match fogs? Do I need any special consideration such as CANBUS?

Thanks!

#2 ·
Yes, any kit you buy should be Canbus compliant otherwise they will flicker.

Diode Dynamics, a supporting vendor here, should be able to hook you up. I assume you have projector halogen headlights.

I am not sure on the color to match your fogs - even if they are stock - but 4300 is gonna be pretty weak color for the headlights, IMHO. You can get HID kits for your fogs as well and HID fogs are pretty darn awesome performance wise. Get a kit for the low beams and the fogs. Then they will match up just fine.

#3 · (Edited)
I agree, 4300K won't make much of a difference. 5000K will be the closest match to your DRL's
I'm running 6000K and there is a slight contrast between the two, but I like 'em! RaceSport Gen 6 is also a good system (I haven't had a any problems) thus far.

I think the 2015+ already have L.E.D. fogs which should be the same color temp as your DRL's. (Not sure). But if you do the fogs make sure that you or whoever installs them does so in away that keeps water, ice and snow away from the ballast. They will corrode and fail.

#5 ·
The 2015 300Cs should have LED fogs and running lights, and Bi-Xenon projection headlights... at least our 300c Platinum does. And they look to be about 6000K in coloration.

Reactions: Antinome
#8 ·
My 2015 300c has the projectors, but not HID. 6k is blueish, right?

#9 ·
No just get 8k. Its literally ice blue from them. If you want blue blue like my profile get 10 k. But remember the bluer they get the less visibility. I had 10k they are just blue. Didn't really do much for visibility. Plus when I tell you for $63 you can't go wrong. I was skeptical too. Now my car light up the whole highway. 8k don't need extra wattage or any of that extra stuff they give you options for. It'll come out to 63 dollars with coupon code 10percent ?

#11 ·
I have used Diode Dynamics’ HID kits twice now with no issues. Both times were 5000k, which IMHO matches the LED DRLs pretty close. If you are looking for brightest light output, then go with 4300k. Any lower or higher than that and absolute light output dimishes. Has something to do with the light spectrum. 5,000k matches the LEDs best. 6,000k will have a tinge of blue and be noticably dimmer. 8,000k will be blue and significantly dimmer. It’s all personal choice. I would not recommend going with an el-cheapo kit. While not too difficult, there is a fair amount of labor to install these kits properly and you dont want to be dissappointed after spending your Saturday. Forum members here have had good luck with DD and also Morimoto.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Any issues with these new bulbs fitting in our 300’s housing? How did the install go?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.