ABS implausibility Code U140E - Page 5 - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums
UK & Europe Regional Forum This section is for topics relating to the EU versions of the Chrysler 300 and diesel powered models.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-18-2018, 10:09 PM
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher300 View Post
Well after almost 1 year of investigation I've finally found the resolve for U140E.

It turns out that my CANBUS fault was a short to ground on the dynamic sensor power wire and it caused the CANBUS to go haywire. The wire was chaffed to chassis and is now fixed.
Dreamcatcher, Do you happen to have a picture of said chafe? My car is showing the exact same issues, U140E and also has a stored code C2115 - Dynamics Sensor Supply Voltage High... I've got the console all apart, and don't see anything obvious from the sensor to the firewall....

Much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 05:28 AM Thread Starter
Points: 7,090, Level: 1 Points: 7,090, Level: 1 Points: 7,090, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Car:
Unfortunately I don't have a picture as I never took a photo. Just for confirmation, when you say you have removed the centre console do you mean the large shifter stick console piece with the arm rest that over removed exposes the dynamic sensor?

I only ask as some people consider the centre console to be the radio piece.

Once exposed you will see the dynamic sensor has 4 wires...if I recall correctly then the purple and red wire goes from the dynamic sensor and leads towards the firewall and under a blue power pack for the parrot device... mine was chaffed just there. It was buy a yellow connector... That only resolved the code I had stored for the sensor it self.

Have you had any battery related issues as the U140E once on mine turned out to be a voltage supply issue.
post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 03:15 PM
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher300 View Post
Well after almost 1 year of investigation I've finally found the resolve for U140E.

The CANBUS issue I initially reported in this post was in fact a totally separate issue.

The cause of U140E was a dead battery.

I'll explain both and give you the resolve.

It turns out that my CANBUS fault was a short to ground on the dynamic sensor power wire and it caused the CANBUS to go haywire. The wire was chaffed to chassis and is now fixed.

The only code left after the repair was U140E caused by the dead battery. Apparently the PCM did not like the voltage spike on battery recharge and now there's a mismatch in VIN from the ABS module. I'm told the only way to repair this is to reflash the system using WITECH pass thru with TECHAUORITY WEB SITE or you can use your own J2534 and buy a 1 day subscription from TECHAUORITY and reflash it yourself.

I'm opting for ACD to fix it but after after speaking to several techs there's only 2 ways to clear this code... way 1 is to drive the car and see if it resets itself and if it doesn't then way 2 is a reflash.

Pain in the backside but I hope this will help someone else and I apologise if my previous information mislead anyone.
Hi,

I had the same issue. the u140e code came up on my scanner when diagnosed. We kept erasing the code but the abs, traction control light would still come up. I had a flat battery when I came back from holiday and ever since I jumped the car the lights have been on. I was wondering if TECHAUORITY 1 day subscription helped. Also if you can let me know what the process was that would be so helpful.

Thanks In Advance

post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 03:31 AM Thread Starter
Points: 7,090, Level: 1 Points: 7,090, Level: 1 Points: 7,090, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Car:
Hi Ramram... the best and cheapest option is to go the dealer and they'll do the reconfiguration for about 80... To go on the TECHAUTOROTY site you'll need a J2534 pass thru and they ain't cheap.

The only way you can achieve network reconfiguration is by using a factory tool such as witech or using J2534 with TECHAUTOROTY.

Do you have a JBOX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement