Major Contributing Member
Car: 2009 Chrysler 300c crd SRT Design
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Midlands, UK
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
It is now fixed.
I ran an OBD diagnostic check as I coud do it without getting soaked and it threw up a U0100 code. Checking the interwebs showed that code to be a generic network communication fault. I cleared the code, swapped the input connector over from the seat MSM to the secondhand replacement module and ran the check again. No U0100. I was still a bit dubious as, in my haste I neglected to clear the code and retest with the original module still connected. Ten minutes of mouthing obscenities had the rear connections in place. It still didn't really expect it to work but it did. Haven't tested the memory function yet and may not as I'm just happy to be able to sit in the thing.
Incidentally while checking the OBD codes I discovered that I could do all sorts of stuff like blow the horn, turn individual headlights on and off etc. from my laptop.