Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of any manufacturers that offer any engine tuning programmers or chips y :cool: et. If so please post.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
shanemcse said:
Anybody know of any manufacturers that offer any engine tuning programmers or chips y :cool: et. If so please post.
Not out yet, goto the performance modification thread there is an entire laundry list of whats available right now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
HyperTech HyperPac available late Feb. 05

There are about 7 threads on this board that ask about computer tuning or performance chip upgrades and none of the threads imply anyone has installed such a device on thier 300C, Magnum RT or Hemi Jeep. Has anyone done anything like that? Granted, I only read through the first page of postings on each thread...

On Spike TV, there was a show that installed a HyperPac computer in a Hemi RAM. This computer is very cool (it's putting an extra 16 HP down on the Hemi Ram). Check it out on the web: www.Hypertech-inc.com. Pre-orders are being accepted on www.martelbrothers.com and they have the model for 2003 - 2005 Chry/Dodge/Jeep priced at $800.

On the sad note, the HyperPac will only work on the first vehicle you plug it into. It reads the VIN or something from the OEM computer and then will only function on that vehicle from then on. That sucks! Does anyone have a HyperPac for any vehicle application that thay have been able to switch back and forth to different vehicles? Right now my wife drives the 300C and I drive a Magnum RT, but I want to trade the Magnum in for a Hemi Jeep this summer. The HyperPac would be worthless once I trade the Magnum.

I guess I shouldn't whine about it, becasue the reasoning behind that feature is that they have to memorize the "first" vehicle's stock computer settings for future use. HyperPac uses the memorized stock settings to allow you to return to stock anytime; additionally, it uses this to learn if the Dealer puts a new revision of firmware into the stock computer the next time you're in for service. Plus, I bet they can boost sales by not letting some guy go around programming up people's Hemi's for them.

Let me know what you've heard about these computers.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Anyone sent them an email asking if they got this to function with the 300C's MDS system? If for nothing else, I'd like to raise the speed limiter to about 140 or so... 140 would have been a better limit IMO..

I bet you get better gas mileage with the chip as well.

·
Registered
208 Posts
mewise1 said:
There are about 7 threads on this board that ask about computer tuning or performance chip upgrades and none of the threads imply anyone has installed such a device on thier 300C, Magnum RT or Hemi Jeep. Has anyone done anything like that? Granted, I only read through the first page of postings on each thread...

On Spike TV, there was a show that installed a HyperPac computer in a Hemi RAM. This computer is very cool (it's putting an extra 16 HP down on the Hemi Ram). Check it out on the web: www.Hypertech-inc.com. Pre-orders are being accepted on www.martelbrothers.com and they have the model for 2003 - 2005 Chry/Dodge/Jeep priced at $800.

On the sad note, the HyperPac will only work on the first vehicle you plug it into. It reads the VIN or something from the OEM computer and then will only function on that vehicle from then on. That sucks! Does anyone have a HyperPac for any vehicle application that thay have been able to switch back and forth to different vehicles? Right now my wife drives the 300C and I drive a Magnum RT, but I want to trade the Magnum in for a Hemi Jeep this summer. The HyperPac would be worthless once I trade the Magnum.

I guess I shouldn't whine about it, becasue the reasoning behind that feature is that they have to memorize the "first" vehicle's stock computer settings for future use. HyperPac uses the memorized stock settings to allow you to return to stock anytime; additionally, it uses this to learn if the Dealer puts a new revision of firmware into the stock computer the next time you're in for service. Plus, I bet they can boost sales by not letting some guy go around programming up people's Hemi's for them.

Let me know what you've heard about these computers.
Nobody has installed one in a 300c precisely because no one makes one for the 300c. That's what the threads are about.

·
Registered
10 Posts
HaTaX said:
Anyone sent them an email asking if they got this to function with the 300C's MDS system? If for nothing else, I'd like to raise the speed limiter to about 140 or so... 140 would have been a better limit IMO..

I bet you get better gas mileage with the chip as well.

That's right HaTaX, the gas mileage is supposed to improve becasue you can tailor the look-up tables in the vehicle firmware to your driving conditions.

I sent an email to HyperTech requesting information on the 5.7l V8 w/ MDS application. Supposedly the model that the Martel Brothers are selling will work for the Hemi MDS. I am waiting for a response back from them; if I get some more details, I'll post them on this thread.

·
Registered
10 Posts
see also Hypertech's New Programmer thread

Oops. I just noticed that there's another thread in this same Forum called "HyperTech's New Programmer". I'll probably divert all my new posts on the HyperPac subject to that thread so we can get all the discussion in one place. Sorry 'bout that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts