Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got out in the car today on a lonely stretch of highway and decided to try out the 0-60 timer in the car. A little disappointed that the best I could get was a 4.9. In my defense, there was a lot of wheel spin on takeoff and it was just under 90 deg out. Could probably use a little better tire. Anybody want to chime in on their times?

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the 2nd gen, you can see the seconds and tenths counting as you accelerate, (don't know if the 1st gen SRT even has that feature) and I've read here in other posts that it is remarkably accurate.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
Is it? If it's anything like the mileage readout it is close, but hardly accurate. Plus it can be fudged so many ways, like just wheelspinning in the wet, etc.

I used my best quarter mile timeslip and Wallace racing's calculator to determine my best 0-60 time. Much more realistic and believable.

Reactions: srt8man

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know if this thing runs off the speedo or gps. If it's off the gps, it should be pretty accurate. I know the fuel economy readout isn't spot on, but that system has much more 'guessing" built in determining fuel flow and such. BTW, 12.79 is a hell of an ET for an 06 stock! Congrats!

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
'06 - used the Tranzformer which uses the speedometer. Best I can do is around 4.2 sec., I think my best is 4.18. Everything needs to be right; good D/A, no wheel spin, great traction of course, Johan 93 octane tune. On warmer days and if there is any wheel spin, it is easy to log 5 seconds and more!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I still need to have the dealer update my vehicle w/ launch control since mine is an early build '13 MY (Nov '12)... Best I could do was 5.1s, but I didn't floor it on takeoff, so I essentially sacrificed power @ launch for no wheelspin by not stomping on it. Plus, I only made a couple of runs...didn't really put focused effort into it. Just wanted to see what she could do @, let's say, 85-90% effort. Sort of like "no pads" practice on Fri before a football game..."just running thru the plays". I believe when I get launch control programmed and really put forth an honest effort, I'm guessing I should see ~mid-4s...

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know what you mean about not being fully focused. I got pulled over 2 weeks ago for doing 11 over the limit (56- 45) and the cop was gracious enough to just give me a warning. What's worse is that it was in my wife's Jeep... :sad6::cop:On top of that, she didn't have proof of insurance in the glove box, so it would have been about 360.00 fine total. So, I'm kind of gun shy of doing anything that would attract the local law's attention.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
thanks

I don't know if this thing runs off the speedo or gps. If it's off the gps, it should be pretty accurate. I know the fuel economy readout isn't spot on, but that system has much more 'guessing" built in determining fuel flow and such. BTW, 12.79 is a hell of an ET for an 06 stock! Congrats!
Thanks. I always like to tell folks that I ran that against LXForums Official Fastest Stock LX in Bradenton. It's on you tube, it's also posted here in track talk. 1.9 60 foot time on Toyo Proxes 4 tires. Just like it drove home from the dealer, not even tuned!

Note that the EVIC timers do not use GPS, they are driven off the speedo. That is why we mock them sometimes, they are great fun but not to be relied on as accurate or verifiable.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Note that the EVIC timers do not use GPS, they are driven off the speedo. That is why we mock them sometimes, they are great fun but not to be relied on as accurate or verifiable.
So does the EVIC's margin of error favor the clock or the driver? Or is it all over the place? :thinking:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I know what you mean about not being fully focused. I got pulled over 2 weeks ago for doing 11 over the limit (56- 45) and the cop was gracious enough to just give me a warning. What's worse is that it was in my wife's Jeep... :sad6::cop:On top of that, she didn't have proof of insurance in the glove box, so it would have been about 360.00 fine total. So, I'm kind of gun shy of doing anything that would attract the local law's attention.
Whew! Yet another reason why I don't get in my vehicle w/o my radar detector...not foolproof, but it helps; more than paid for itself many times over to date... Really glad that worked out for you, though!!! :wink:

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, the wife's Jeep is the only vehicle out of the 3 that doesn't have a Passport installed. Figures...

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So does the EVIC's margin of error favor the clock or the driver? Or is it all over the place? :thinking:
I think the error comes in when you are taking off fast and the tires will spin, conceivably reaching indicated 60 mph before the car does.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I took mine out the other day for a couple runs. 4.6 best I got on the non super car tires. I'm interested to see if that improves with proxy 275s on the back. Those stock tires are really not suitable for that car >_<

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I took mine out the other day for a couple runs. 4.6 best I got on the non super car tires. I'm interested to see if that improves with proxy 275s on the back. Those stock tires are really not suitable for that car >_<
:bigeyes2: You got that time in the all-season RSAs??? Impressive! :D

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
4.06 was the quickest I've had... Ran a 4.1 the other day... On half worn out Hankook Ventus V12's 255/45/20'S... But then I'm in a 5.7 gen 1 with a couple mods... ;)

The timers are off for sure... Mine uses a tranzformer box for the times and its usually within a tenth of a second of my Dashhawk which is pretty close. Launching any 400+hp car is tricky... Get it right and it will reward you well... Little too frisky and inspite its haste a 5 second time is probably where your at... Not much difference between the two.
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
236 Posts
Best time on eagle rsa's was 4.4 no spray, all motor, with supercar tires or nitto invos was 4.2, the eviction timer is not that accurate in the 0 to 60 but in the quarter mile I find it to be close, it actually always runs slower than actual, at the track, all motor I ran 12.25 the timer said 12.4, when I ran full auto no shifting I ran 12.53 the timer said 12.6, when I ran all out nitrous, the track time was 11.38 the timer said 11.5, I've never had the timer work in my favor except on 0 to 60...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: hofb99

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Best time on eagle rsa's was 4.4 no spray, all motor, with supercar tires or nitto invos was 4.2, the eviction timer is not that accurate in the 0 to 60 but in the quarter mile I find it to be close, it actually always runs slower than actual, at the track, all motor I ran 12.25 the timer said 12.4, when I ran full auto no shifting I ran 12.53 the timer said 12.6, when I ran all out nitrous, the track time was 11.38 the timer said 11.5, I've never had the timer work in my favor except on 0 to 60...
Thorough analysis and good info, SRTGR8T...thanks! Now I only wonder if anyone out there has had the EVIC conversely work "for" them...??? If it's consistently "against" the driver, so-to-speak, then I shouldn't feel too bad about my 5sec run (accomplished while not @ all focused--just fooling around one day)...yes?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts