Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Note that the EVIC timers do not use GPS said:
Are you sure that's true with the 2nd Gen? One of the many new displays available is gforce. So we know there's an accelerometer in there. You would think they'd use it??

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
Are you sure that's true with the 2nd Gen? One of the many new displays available is gforce. So we know there's an accelerometer in there. You would think they'd use it??
Please understand an accellerometer only measures relative g's. Not speed!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Please understand an accellerometer only measures relative g's. Not speed!
Without getting into a technical shootout, as long as the vehicle has a timer, which our does, the timer and accelerometer can calculate 0-60 times without the use of the wheel speed sensors. GPS is another way that it could be done.

You may be right in saying that the wheel sensors are used in our application. But we definitely have the hardware to use alternate methods, and I'm just wondering if they may be using them, in lieu of all the new display information available in the new models.

Edit: The other values of 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile times available in our display would have to calculate distance, right? Surely these wouldn't be using tire rotation? If so they would be grossly inaccurate....

·
Registered
218 Posts
The EVIC is attached to, and is part of the actual f--king car.........why wouldn't it be right?
Everyone likes the device that gives them the best time...........whether its right or not.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Guess I'm going to have to work on my launch. I was just holding the rpm at about 1500, letting off the brake, and nailing the gas. I think too much wheelspin is my problem. How are you guys coming off the line?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Just tried this on cold roads. 4.3 with lots of wheelspin, despite trying to feather it. My EVIC hp #'s also read pretty high (567). While I realize these numbers don't mean squat in and by themselves, I really think Johan has my car tuned strong. I'm looking forward to the track in the spring.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Just tried this on cold roads. 4.3 with lots of wheelspin, despite trying to feather it. My EVIC hp #'s also read pretty high (576). While I realize these numbers don't mean squat in and by themselves, I really think Johan has my car tuned strong. I'm looking forward to the track in the spring.
Umm...4.3 w/ lots of wheelspin??? So you got a tune, but w/ 576hp readings, did you happen to drop a s/c in recently???

·
Registered
508 Posts
Umm...4.3 w/ lots of wheelspin??? So you got a tune, but w/ 576hp readings, did you happen to drop a s/c in recently???
Yup, and I made sure I wasn't spinning all the way up. Car spun in 1st of course, so i feathered it, then buried it at the top of first, spun in 2nd and then hooked.

I do have 275's on back which may have helped a little, but the cold roads make it tough.

My car is running very strong. It is a complete different animal than my 6.1 was with the same mods (except I ran a canned tune with the 6.1). I'm looking forward to the track to get some "real" results.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Ahhhh...that's right! You were the one that said you had a date w/ HHP Racing in DE to drop the s/c in, yeah? Did you go Magnuson or Procharger? Sure wish Edelbrock was on this side of the world!!! :32:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Ahhhh...that's right! You were the one that said you had a date w/ HHP Racing in DE to drop the s/c in, yeah? Did you go Magnuson or Procharger? Sure wish Edelbrock was on this side of the world!!! :32:
Haha, when I said yup, I meant I clocked a 4.3 today with wheelspin. No S/C here yet. But you're right, I do want to get one, and when I do it will be with HHP!!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Haha, when I said yup, I meant I clocked a 4.3 today with wheelspin. No S/C here yet. But you're right, I do want to get one, and when I do it will be with HHP!!
Oops! I got it now!!! (Was kinda wondering why I didn't see a new thread from you about what Santa got you for Christmas! lol) Well, keep us updated!

·
Registered
84 Posts
You guys are right about conditons. On a hot/humid day I can't break 5.1, best ever was 10:30pm, cool and dry out with almost no wheelspin 4.7

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
I am in the lower 4's which is great for a 300c I have yet to retest after the suspension should be a little better...I never leave home without my valentine 1 saved me from many tickets...

·
Premium Member
6,054 Posts
I am in the lower 4's which is great for a 300c I have yet to retest after the suspension should be a little better...I never leave home without my valentine 1 saved me from many tickets...
If you're in the lower 4's with your mods in your sig then I need to get me some of those plugs! lol...

That's hella good for a bolt on C... I was barely in the 4's before my cam and heads... and I was a low 13 car then in the quarter... you're rolling out very hard!

·
Registered
36 Posts
2014 srt-8 with 800 miles, my best is 4.5 leaving easy with 3 people in the car. 100% stock

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
2014 srt-8 with 800 miles, my best is 4.5 leaving easy with 3 people in the car. 100% stock
That's FREAKING AMAZING! I couldn't break 5.0s when I first got mine... Best "official" time clocked was 4.8 or something like that... AND you had three people in the car??? Are you using launch control when you get these times? If so, try it w/o launch control and see how well you do and let me know...got all my times w/o using it. I do know the other night, I was pulling from this '12+ M6 (yep, Bimmer); he couldn't seem to take me off the line or from ~40mph roll... I would creep away, but then he would inch back into it after his turbos kicked in @ around 100mph+ (I'd shut it down after that 'cause there's really not enough room on the road and he'd start to slowly gain...lol. Bimmers are expertly engineered for high end speed...gotta give 'em that!). Felt kinda good that I could hang w/ him so long though, being that he has me by about 90hp and ~200lbs lighter. Anyway, point is, I think the SRT is starting to break-in really well now. I should try some more runs...which reminds me, I need to check my SRT pages for what kind of times I was logging vs the M6...

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Is it? If it's anything like the mileage readout it is close, but hardly accurate. Plus it can be fudged so many ways, like just wheelspinning in the wet, etc.

I used my best quarter mile timeslip and Wallace racing's calculator to determine my best 0-60 time. Much more realistic and believable.
FYI - I entered the numbers for my best time slip with my SRT8 and the Wallace Racing calculator says my 0-60 time is 4.1 seconds (sounds about right). According to the calculator, the 0-60 time for my Shelby GT500 is 3.25 seconds. I find the 3.25 second time hard to believe because of my somewhat soft launch and traction limitation, but it does hit 60 mph in first gear so it may not be too far off.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts