Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I got a letter from Chrysler telling me that they are extending the gas tank warranty to a life time warranty. Now if I ever have the problem of the check valve sticking after a fill up but if it happens in the future I am covered. And any one who has paid to have repairs done they are sending out a forum with the letter to get your money back.

Reactions: Nix

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yup I got mine in the mail as well today. It was the letter stating the warranty information and also a separate form for reimbursement from past service. All you need to do is get the receipts from your personal records or copies from the establishment that performed the past services. I'm glad that I finally got the paperwork. Fortunately I have never had this issue personally but this paperwork is definitely without question being added to my file.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
339 Posts
Thinking I am having the issue.....

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
Got mine as well. No problems here but I'm gonna file it away with the rest of my receipts just in case.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got my letter this last week. I'm parting the car out though so I wonder if I could go in and just get the parts under the warranty.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Got my letter and will call for an appointment this week. I've had the stall happen a few times. Mostly this past winter. First time since I've owned the car.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Gas Tank Warranty

Got the letter 5/22, (dated 5/8/14). In Tue.5/27 to Bob Baker Chrysler. Not done by today, but told by my new service writer that many Magnums, Chargers and 300C's are presently in the shop for warranty gas tank service. :grouphug:

·
Banned
37 Posts
I had my tank replaced under warranty on my 06 a couple years ago after many trips to dealer troubleshooting the problem after fuel fill ups. But I have not received a letter about it yet. Hmmm...

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Dealer here is backed up and said they will call me when the part comes in and schedule the service. Take a number take a seat.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Does this only apply to original owners or should I expect to receive a notice also ?

I am the second or third owner, depending on how you look at it .

1=Originally leased for 3 years

2=Auctioned to used car stealership

3= I purchased from used car stealership

·
Registered
449 Posts
Does this only apply to original owners or should I expect to receive a notice also ?

I am the second or third owner, depending on how you look at it .

1=Originally leased for 3 years

2=Auctioned to used car stealership

3= I purchased from used car stealership
They will mail it out to the last known registered owner. Say the previous owner of your car gets the letter mailed to them. If they still have the information of the party the sold it to the seller is suppose to forward the letter to the party they sold it to.

So depending on how long you've had the car it should be in the system as you are the current owner as long as you've registered the car. If by some chance you bought and registered the car while Chrysler was in the process of gathering all of the vehicles affected by this TSB then there could be a chance they mailed it out to the previous owner. But that is a very small time frame.

If you don't get a letter within the next month or so I'd contact you nearest Mopar stealership and bri g them your registration & info so they see and you can prove that you are the current owner. All they will have to do is lookup the VIN # and case closed.

Nick

Sent From My PrimeCo. Tele

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2006 300c and the fuel tank was replaced last year. After replacement the car was a bit harder to start. It used to kick on the first turnover. Recently the engine light went on and the OBD code was 301 (misfire on cylinder 1). The car runs smooth as can be and there has been no loss in fuel milage. I was unable to clear the light with the hand held and had to disconnect the battery to clear. After about 75 miles of driving, the engine light again turned on when starting. Just wondering if they screwed something up when they replaced the fuel tank?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts