Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My car: 2005 300c with the 8 speaker BA sound system and REC radio.

I want to upgrade my sound system but I think that it has been already been tampered with by previous owner and that is making the "How To" guides on this forum difficult to follow. I'm a novice at this stuff. I just have a basic question about my current setup. In my trunk there are the 3 speakers - or two speakers and a subwoofer I think. In the center of my trunk, under the middle speaker/subwoofer, there is a SNI-35 Adjustable Line Output Converter hanging free about 4-5 inches from the bundle of wires. See pics below.

Pic 1 : The SNI-35 converter which is simply hanging down a few inches from the center speaker/wire bundle.
Pic 2 : A pic of the center speaker/sub-woofer which the converter is hanging from.

I have read that a device like this (SNI-35) should be connected to an amp. It's connected to the wire bundle via several white cables but the two main ports are empty/not connected to anything.

Does this mean that the stock amp may not be hooked up or that the previous owner had this converter connected to his own amp/speaker and simply disconnected it and removed his hardware when he sold the car?

What are my options regarding those two main ports, if any, on the converter? If I buy an amp or a bass box can I simply plug it into the converter?

I can only assume these are very stupid, novice questions but I'm not quite sure of where to begin since my system seems to have been altered already so I cannot follow the various DIY guides on this forum regarding upgrading the system. I will likely pay someone who knows about this stuff to make any changes but I'm wondering if this seemingly unused converter is a pro or con & what my options are. Any input/tips are/is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,627 Posts
It looks as though the LOC was hooked up to an after market amp and no cables were run to the front of the car for the audio signals.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts