Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's the time of year when profit sharig checks hit the bank and I decided instead of putting it towards bills, retirement, groceries or some other bland nonsense I'd buy some car parts. I have a 2010 300C, I've been wanting to get a better manifold/TB and have finally decided to just do it. I've been doing some reading and research but would like to hear from anyone with firsthand experience and more knowledge than me on the Hemi engines. What would be the best to slap on there? I know the 6.1 manifold will bolt right up to my engine and look a hell of a lot nicer, but will it benefit me more than a ported 5.7 manifold from MMX? I've also been looking at the Victor 2 by Edelbrock as a third option. But in all honesty they all seem to be the same thing, different price to me. I already have an Airraid CAI and would prefer to not have to modify or replace it for this swap, I'm not even 6 months removed from buying the Airraid and don't want to buy another or hack up one that's pretty much brand new. And if you know of any other options that will outperfrom these let me know, I'm not dead set on the three listed above.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Welcome to the forum. FWIW, I'll give you my two cents worth. The first thing you should do is decide what your "end result" goals are for the vehicle and how much $$$ do you want to spend over time on modifications. I have 3 somewhat modified Hemi vehicles, two 5.7's and a 6.1 and my main goals were a slight improvement in performance and better fuel economy. I also keep my vehicles almost forever so I wasn't too concerned about the $$$ aspect. For me, the fun factor is well worth it, plus about a 25% increase in fuel economy and about a 120 hp. increase in horsepower on the 5.7's was nice too......see signature. The 6.1 is my daily driver and I don't worry about fuel economy on it......it's too much fun drive to worry about fuel economy.

On an otherwise stock 5.7, I wouldn't waste (because it will be a waste) a dime on an intake manifold and/or a throttle body. Bet you haven't noticed much difference in performance with the CAI either, except maybe at WOT and more noise......certainly not enough so the butt dyno would notice. If you're not aware, "most" mods won't give you a ton more performance, except perhaps a good header back exhaust system, a well chosen aftermarket performance cam, and rotating assembly modifications. Mods are cumulative though so, at some point, you'll start to notice improvements in performance and perhaps fuel economy.....depending on your goals. If I were you, at this point, I'd start with a good handheld tuner and a fairly high quality diagnostic scanner, one that is capable of reading ALL electronic modules on the vehicle. The tuners will usually give you noticeable differences in performance and transmission shift quality, plus most have other useful features. The scanner, believe me, will be needed somewhere down the line, either on your current vehicle and/or future vehicles. In the long run, it'll save you a lot of money and frustration when trying to diagnose problems. Once you've got these things, where you go from there would depend on your goals and your pocket book.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts