Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 05 300C with almost 130,000 miles on it. It recently started overheating. When it started i could turn the heat on and get the temp to drop. Now I'm not getting any heat at all. I've changed the thermostat and the water pump. I bypassed the heater core to see if that did anything but it didn't. I've got the car running right now and the needle on the gauge is at the halfway mark but the coolant in the reservoir is bubbling and steaming. I don't know what else to do. I've got a friend that runs a repair shop that gets me all my parts at cost and I know how to replace the parts but the problem is I work out of town a lot and I don't have time to take it to the shop. Anybody have any ideas? All input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
319 Posts
You could have air pockets in the system. Take the radiator cap off and start the engine. Let it run and warm up without the radiator cap on. Top up as needed. Hope this help.

Moe Razak
Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
Bubbling and steaming in the reservoir could easily be a head gasket.

Pressure test the system. Check the fans. Thermostat? Many possibilities...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I fixed it. It ended up being air still in the system. Luckily the new water pump I put on had a small Allen screw in the top that allowed me to easily bleed the air out. I never realized how much a little air in the system messes everything up. Thanks for the help guys

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
ahhh...I was struggling to come up with a specific cause. Knowing that you had recently drained and refilled the system would have been helpful.

Glad you got it figured out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts