Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

I initially started lookin at purchasing a set of winter wheels and tires, but now i'm thinkin of potentially spending a little more and getting a nicer wheel to use in summer and use my stocks in the winter. I'm planning to stick with 18's as our roads are filled with pot-holes at the best of times and the car will never be lowered (I already push snow around). If looking at an aftermarket wheel, what are the correct specs or range of specs I should be within?

I've read through the 5x114.3 vs 5x115 thread and done a few searches. Thats informed me I need a 5x115 pattern, but despite despite efforts to learn about offset and backspacing (I was reading here) I still don't know what the stock specs are or what acceptable specs would be?

After visiting a few local shops, they had zero wheels available, so I'll likely be ordering online if I do and I don't specifically trust websites to provide me the correct wheels. If I have to pay shipping across the border, I don't want to make a mistake.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

·
Administrator
19,620 Posts
Stock specs are 18 x 7.5", 5x115 bolt circle, 24mm offset, 71.6mm center bore.

Stock tire size would have been a 225/60ZR18.

If you go with a wider tire, say a 255/50zr18 then an 8" wheel would be recommended.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent thank you. Nearly 10 years later and you're still giving me excellent info!

That 71.6mm bore seems to narrow things down a little further.

One more question: Many of the wheels I've come across seem to come in 15 or 38mm. I understand that the lower offset is going to push the wheel outwards by that difference (e.g. +15 would push it out 9mm from stock). If sticking with a 225 tire (thats what I currently own and no immediate plans to change them), is this going to make a large difference in the grand scheme of things on a 7.5" or 8" wheel?

·
Administrator
19,620 Posts
No, 9mm won't be a big change at all and with the 8" wheel you have more tire section width options.

For those of us who are metric challenged, the change is only 0.354" :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts