Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
All that being said, the 300C wouldn't stand a chance, even with heavy mods. The SRT8 can beat it with an inexperienced driver in the M5.
Interesting... So a heavily modded C couldn't take one with an inexperienced driver, but an SRT8 could? I consider my car pretty heavily modded and off the bottle I out run most SRT's unless.they have a VERY good pilot and even then they aren't pulling me... On the bottle against a stock gen 1 SRT I would think would be spanked pretty hard... So... That being said why couldn't I have decent run with an 06 M5 on the spray? 4.0 60 mph times are achievable off the bottle and high 11's are also doable on the bottle and I've nudged 170 with power to go but no more track... Obviously the top end of the M5 is quite the impressive number but its stock stats in the quarter mile right from the M5 board are low 12's at best using the euro flash software on LC (i trolled there for 6mths reading while considering an 07 M5 after falling in love with my 02 years ago)... The US launch control actually seems to yield faster times at the track... I still feel that from a start through 120mph an SRT or heavily modded C will give a 5 a run, agreed though that after that its game over. One way to find out... We need a runway, a Sunday and a camera! Lol...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Yeah, I was about to say this isn't cool to hear @ all...it's like pitting a Veyron against a Vette--no challenge. lol BUT!!! Mind you, we're talking apples and oranges when it comes to the VALUE--$$$ per vehicle--bottom line! M5 is a rich man's luxo sporto (w/ 'uber' emphasis on sporto), whereas the 300C and SRT represent "blue-collar" dudes just trying to have respectable fun on a middle-class dime! lol (Oh, and just so we're clear, apples to apples now, BTW, the newest M5 CAN NOT TOUCH the newest E63 AMG...M5 will get eaten alive! Especially since Mercedes was finally able to integrate AWD on the W212's latest performance platform--specifically targeted for boosted US sales, I believe, though I'm not completely sure of that. MORE hp/tq planted on ALL FOUR WHEELS! M5=no chance. Anyway, for the '14 MY, AMG unequivocally seizes the thrown. And just what platform duz the 300 get its bones from? --okay, I'm done...just HAD to make some attempt to save face!:wink1:)

EDIT: Oh, and just so I don't stomp on any BMW fan's feelings, the E60/M5 is probably my fav M5 to date--would seriously consider purchasing one, but...their interiors are still a millenium behind the style/appeal curve for me, just as our 5-spd has seen its last dayz...just sayin' -- lol
No worries, I don't have hurt feelings. :mischievo

My post was regarding the OP's thinking that he might be able to beat his bro's M5 in a race with his 300C. I wasn't trying to compare apples to oranges as I know they are 2 completely different classes of cars. The 300C offers huge bang for the buck, but it certainly cannot compete against an M5. It would take some major mods, likely cam, headers, and a blower to compete in a drag race against an M5 driver who knows what he's doing. But a quarter mile drag race is only 1 thing. You'd also have to consider how it drives at higher speeds and in the twisties. I don't think any amount of mods to a 300C could help it compete against an M5 in those categories.

Regarding the new M5 and E63 comparison, I believe you are completely off base. The M5 is putting out 560 hp out of a blown 4.4 liter. The E63 is putting out 550 hp out of a blown 5.5 liter. The E63 definitely has the advantage off the line with 4matic in a drag race, but these cars are pretty much dead even in the quarter. With the better launch out of the E63, this means that the M5 is making up time on the 63. Probably explains the higher trap speeds in the M5. And the E63 is pretty much a straight line car. It definitely loses to the M5 at a track with any kind of twisties. But the E63 has a MUCH better exhaust note than the M5. And my exhaust note and significantly better than both of them. Almost sounds identical to a Lambo Gallardo.

Interesting... So a heavily modded C couldn't take one with an inexperienced driver, but an SRT8 could? I consider my car pretty heavily modded and off the bottle I out run most SRT's unless.they have a VERY good pilot and even then they aren't pulling me... On the bottle against a stock gen 1 SRT I would think would be spanked pretty hard... So... That being said why couldn't I have decent run with an 06 M5 on the spray? 4.0 60 mph times are achievable off the bottle and high 11's are also doable on the bottle and I've nudged 170 with power to go but no more track... Obviously the top end of the M5 is quite the impressive number but its stock stats in the quarter mile right from the M5 board are low 12's at best using the euro flash software on LC (i trolled there for 6mths reading while considering an 07 M5 after falling in love with my 02 years ago)... The US launch control actually seems to yield faster times at the track... I still feel that from a start through 120mph an SRT or heavily modded C will give a 5 a run, agreed though that after that its game over. One way to find out... We need a runway, a Sunday and a camera! Lol...
I wasn't talking about putting the bottle on the car...I was talking about mods such as cam, headers, tune, etc. Add a 100 shot to a heavily modded 300C and I'm sure it'll compete in a short race. But I doubt that's what the OP was referring to.

I'd definitely be up for hitting the runway with some of you guys some time. That would be a blast. :headbang:

Hi Pat! :wave:

21 - 22 of 22 Posts