Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story but here it is
My 300c 5.7 hemi spun out in the highway and hit a curb broke the driver rear knuckle and a few control arms sat for 3 months before even attempting any work as it was mid December and well below zero here in Minnesota but the time came to tackle the job got under it and seen that along with the damage to the rear driver knuckle the rear subframe was bent also so got the part and went to tear it all down when a buddy of mine broke both front nuts that’s welded to the car that holds the subframe so sat for another month until I found some one to do the welding finally got that done and finished the job everything went back together like butter (still need a cv axle though can’t seem to find the right one from any store near me I’ve been through at least 4 so far)
Now it’s time for the first test drive my buddy who helped me fix it pulled it out the garage just fine stopped in the driveway when he put it in park it made a clicking noise (like you accidentally put the car in park instead of reverse and it was still moving) after that we noticed the car would still roll back and forth if pushed while in park so I pushed it back in the garage next morning I try it and it didn’t happen I put it in drive and it takes off i get around the block and notice it’s not going over 25 get it back home I do some research from the codes I got p0700 p0501 and my buddy said he got a shift solenoid code but I don’t remember the number (which could ultimately be the problem) but p0501 was vvs so im searching looking for what this is found some forms saying it was tone rings on the rear driveshaft so I changed the driveshaft and now it won’t move at all and I’m not sure what’s going on now when I put it in drive it just revs but doesn’t move at all but every time I put it back in park I’m getting that same clicking noise just wanted to see if I could get any input here or ideas tia

·
Registered
225 Posts
Your rear diff is blown up. Lol
The clicking going to park is because the driveshaft is spinning.
Jack it up and put it in gear with the parking brake up.
Also, tone rings are on the axle shafts.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts