Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to the forum as well as being a 300 owner.... so far I have replaced driver side Upper and lower control arms, passenger upper and lower control arms, driver and passenger rearward control arms, driver and passenger stabilizer link, driver and passenger inner and outer tie rods, and driver and passenger ball joints. I had a reputable shop install all of it and still clunking is present, it is dampened more now but still there. I took it back, told them to drive on rough roads at 30-40 mph speeds to really hear it they are saying now it is steering shaft has play in it. I'm at a loss of what to do.....do not want to continue to put money into parts just to see it wasn't it .....shop is saying sway bar bushing are fine struts and springs good and strut mounts are good ....#1 ...could the steering shaft really have a clunking sound at my driver side feet ? #2 ...other than what i listed what other possible components could cause this clunking. Any help and information is greatly appreciated !

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Sway bar bushings or as you called them, stabilizer bushings. Replace those before they even touch your steering wheel shaft. They are one of the problems for the clunk. Had a terrible clunk in my 05, night before I traded it in I replaced them, all nice an quiet!

They are so easy to replace yourself, a couple of bolts. easily accessed, check out the how to section there is a good write up!

Reactions: jqboilermaker
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.