Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i recently bought a used 05 300c. Has about 135kms on it and no service history with the car.

Anyways, the transmission had been working fine until yesterday pulling onto the highway. Suddenly seemed like it went into neutral. Pulled over no drive or reverse. Shut off and restarted the car. Worked for about 100ft. Lost gears again. If you let it sit for a few min and restart you can move a bit but loses gears quickely

Getting P2784 code when checked with my reader. Tranny fluid was at about 30mm cold. Pulled the pan and no major metal chunks but there is some metallic scum on the bottom of the pan. Check the pictures attached.

Any suggestions on where to go from here?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd start with a transmission service. Change out the fluid and the filter, then refill to spec.
Yeah debating just fluid and filter first or also change the conductor plate at the same time. I hate juat throwing parts at problems though

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update:

New conductor plate, fluid and filter. Car is running great now

·
Registered
300c 2005 5.7 hemi
7 Posts
Did you also have a high pitch whine, i get the same code and same symptoms except i get whining noise also. Should i try what you did there or just the replace the whole transmission?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts