Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.carhack.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=374 http://www.carhack.org/forum/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=374
http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqNorthAmerica-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewStandardCatalog-Browse;pgid=31dce3Wq3QdSR0MxOotKzICB0000RLEXC-Zg?CatalogCategoryID=5noKCggQi8cAAAEOaS0Z6UI4&ShowAllProducts=YES

Chrysler Group DVD Navigation Map Update for North America - version AF
Availability: This item will be released the week of February 18th, 2008. Pre-order now!

Version: 05064033AF

This new DVD map update features coverage across the continental United States and Canada. It contains over 6.1 million miles of road and offers more than 8 million points of interest including more than:

471,000 restaurants
69,000 hotels
116,000 ATMs
93,000 gas stations

·
Registered
27 Posts
That's good news but it's a bit later than they originally said the release date would be (they had told me January). And they don't list the map changes so it's hard to say whether it is more useful than the AE disk (my NAV is currently useless since the AE disk doesn't even recognize where I live... it's shown as ocean....).

·
Registered
81 Posts
That's good news but it's a bit later than they originally said the release date would be (they had told me January). And they don't list the map changes so it's hard to say whether it is more useful than the AE disk (my NAV is currently useless since the AE disk doesn't even recognize where I live... it's shown as ocean....).
Even though they claimed to update Jacksonille, FL area back in AE, it's still missing the whole bunch of roads and creates absolutely useless trips as a result!

·
Registered
979 Posts
cant wait for the guys over at canhack to hack this disc for in motion.. thats the day i am looking forward too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered mine and they said the disks were on backorder and they were shipping them out based on who ordered first. However, I received a Fedex tracking number last night with projected delivery of no later than Feb. 27 so they have some in stock now.

It'll be interesting to see what new things they've added as even Navteq doesn't have the details on the updates on the new disks (although the disks are sold by Navteq, it is Alpine that creates the disks and it is Alpine that chooses what data goes on the disks... so even though Navteq may have road data for a certain area, it is Alpine that determines what areas are covered).

·
Registered
36 Posts
i am picking up a 2008 300c. i will let you know what I get.

if I don't get AF is there anyway to make them get me the latest, without charge?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sticking with AE

I'm sticking with AE.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Guys the 08 cars no longer use a Nav disk on the Mygig Nav radio . The nav disk was only used on the REC Nav radio ( 05-07) the new Mygig Nav radio needs to have updates downloaded from the your dealer

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Guys the 08 cars no longer use a Nav disk on the Mygig Nav radio . The nav disk was only used on the REC Nav radio ( 05-07) the new Mygig Nav radio needs to have updates downloaded from the your dealer
Sounds like it's the end of the road for the nav hack then eh.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
Sounds like it's the end of the road for the nav hack then eh.
Since the '08 MyGIG nav radios have a 30GB hard drive, all of the files are pre-loaded when the radios are built. However, discs are still used to do software and firmware updates. And there is no need for a disclaimer screen hack since the MyGIG radios fade the screen away automatically after 5 seconds, no intervention required.

An "in-motion" override has been developed via a simple plug and play box that hooks into the back of the radio, and the same device allows multiple auxillary inputs/outputs. All of this is done without a single modification to the radio and can be added or removed in minutes. Isn't technology wonderful?

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
So much to learn, so little time. Hey, it's March 1st!!! Nine more days???

Bernie

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
So much to learn, so little time. Hey, it's March 1st!!! Nine more days???
There were some recent issues with the Kicker amp not muting the audio correctly for the nav voice on the MyGIG. This has now been corrected and hopefully will not have caused any further production delays...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Well mybad , they told us at work that dealer had to update the software . Guess even the guys who design these hings get it wrong . :pat: So do the Mygig Nav radios use the same DVD disks as the REC radio if you want an update ??

Since the '08 MyGIG nav radios have a 30GB hard drive, all of the files are pre-loaded when the radios are built. However, discs are still used to do software and firmware updates. And there is no need for a disclaimer screen hack since the MyGIG radios fade the screen away automatically after 5 seconds, no intervention required.

An "in-motion" override has been developed via a simple plug and play box that hooks into the back of the radio, and the same device allows multiple auxillary inputs/outputs. All of this is done without a single modification to the radio and can be added or removed in minutes. Isn't technology wonderful?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm sorry but what does it have to do with the subject?
It's good to know but has nothing to do with Navi Disk release...

·
Registered
979 Posts
i think he wrote this because people like myself were getting confused. A guy mentioned he is getting a new 08 and asked if it will come with the af nav disc i assumed it would but forgot mygig is preloaded so obviously it wont some of us didnt put two and two together. that is how it ties in with the subject, hopefully that answers your question.

·
Registered
321 Posts
In post # 7 LiqTenExp asked what disk he would be getting with his 2008 300 . I stated he would not be getting a disk with his car as its on the H/drive in the radio from the factory . Thats what it had to do with subject

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same problem. I live in the interior of BC and the entire town doesnt exist....but vancouver works quite well....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts