Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ll be as thorough as possible. Have a 2006 Chrysler 300C 5.7 hemi. Intake, 90mm throttle body, and basic OTC tune to 93. Had it like this since last July. No issues, recently car has been sputtering in the low rpm’s. Changed the coils and plugs again, and it went away for a little bit and now is back. Oil is fine. Fluids are fine, compression test came back fine. Engine feels strong and the trans shifts well. Idk what the problem is. Someone help before I pay a million dollars trying to figure out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you scanned for DTCs?
Yes took it to the shop and nothing Came up, then drove it for a week again and misfire in cylinder 1 came up, changed the plugs and it was normal again. Also a couple months ago got stuck on ice, did basically a full blown burnout and a code for engine overspeed came up, I cleared it. Didn’t give me any problems after either. That was back in October

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a car years ago same issues.

I disconnected the battery for 10 minutes. And I filled the gas tank with (2) 16 ounce cans of seafoam with 16 gallons of Shell 93 VPower Gas

All my problems went away

I sometimes substitute with Chevron Techron and I'm not sure what Ounces to Gallons they suggest.

But this is a super punch to the throat of your fuel injectors and it cleans everything it touches. Valves, sensors etc.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Are you in a wet climate and park the car outside? Just a thought if a bit of water gets in the fuel tank it can give you some irregular sputtering. Oner cup of methylated spirit in the tank will absorb the water. and be dispersed into the volume of gas in the tank. Long shot I know but its a couple of cents to try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.