Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want this car. I am looking at one with 64k for on the dash for 13k, but this is an old car. If the mileage is that low on a 14 year old car (2-owner privately owned, guy bought from cousin). What could possibly go wrong? What has went wrong with yours? Thanks guys. Any feedback would really help out.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Low indicated mileage isn't a guarantee of anything, except maybe overpricing.

Ask to see any service records the owner may have, and then cross-reference them here and here.

On a car like that I'd be concerned about how the car was stored when it wasn't being driven. See if you can find out whether or not it was garaged. Look for clues, like when you go to see it, was it parked on the lawn with grass growing around it? Look it over very carefully and understand that some replacement parts will be either hard to find or very expensive, even little things like the plastic trim on either side of the windshield. Check out the coolant reservoir for sludge or other signs of coolant mixing. Take it to a reputable shop and have them look over the mechanicals, especially the front end and suspension. A compression check is a worthwhile investment as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I want this car. I am looking at one with 64k for on the dash for 13k, but this is an old car. If the mileage is that low on a 14 year old car (2-owner privately owned, guy bought from cousin). What could possibly go wrong? What has went wrong with yours? Thanks guys. Any feedback would really help out.
Buy a newer one! I recently paid just over 16K for an AWD 2018 300S with 40K miles on it. It is very nice! They had five of them at Hertz Sales in Roseville CA.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Buy a newer one! I recently paid just over 16K for an AWD 2018 300S with 40K miles on it. It is very nice! They had five of them at Hertz Sales in Roseville CA.
If the OP is looking at an SRT-8, he probably isn't interested in a V-6.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If the OP is looking at an SRT-8, he probably isn't interested in a V-6.
Your probably right if he is after the power and performance of an SRT-8. The 300s with a 5.7 and eight speed is still pretty good on performance. I need the AWD where I live so have the required penstar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts