Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here,

Just recently got an 06 300c srt8 and wanted some insight on good performance mods for the 6.1 hemi.

My idea is, I would like to to a cam with a head set up and would like to get around 500whp with upgraded fuel system. I will be getting a tuner as well but any idea which is the one to buy now adays? I live in long beach California, does anyone know of any reputable builders in socal?

I tried to do my research but couldn't find any new info or if anyone has a recent thread I may read, that would be greatly appreciated as well.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Are you planning to do the work or pay to have it all done? Everything depends on your budget and your ultimate goals for the vehicle. Since you're in CA, you'll be pretty limited on what you can get away with. That's one of the many, many reasons I don't live there anymore. Without too many mods. you can get pretty close to 500 hp but, to get over that mark, you'll probably have to do a little more than just the normal bolt on stuff, especially since you're in CA.. Another limiting factor you'll have in CA is their CRAP fuel. A well selected cam (not too radical) and a good tune will get you up around 475 hp or maybe a little more. Doing the heads would probably get you there.....clean up ports and port match, mill about .020-.030 in. to raise the compression slightly should just about do it. You won't need to do anything to the fuel system, as it is adequate for the displacement and kind of power you're after. An under drive pulley and a good high flow, low restriction air filter element would also help a bit. Don't waste your $$$ on a complete CAI though, as the stock airbox is more than capable of processing enough air to support the engine displacement. A good set of long tube headers would easily put you over the top too, but I doubt you'd get away with that in CA. You'll more than likely have to stick with the stock SRT headers and get a better muffler and/ or resonator setup.....straight through, low restriction. You do not want to go with a larger size piping though, unless you're going to increase the displacement of the engine. Also, you'd probably want to do a little to the transmission to help get that increased power to the ground. If you can get your hands on an "unscrewed with" Mopar Performance TCM or Tranzformer, that would probably be enough when coupled with a good engine/transmission tune. Good luck and have fun.

Reactions: vincentallen2
1 - 2 of 2 Posts