Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

41 - 41 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You'll need to read this entire thread to find your answers. I just had my tank replaced on my 06 300CSRT8 about 6 months ago using information from this forum. I even called Chrysler and got a case number and went to the dealer armed with all the info. This IS NOT a recall, but a LIFETIME warranty on 05-06 LX's with the 19 gallon fuel tank. I also went straight to the Service Manager, not a Service Writer, and he took my info., looked up the VIN on his computer, ordered the tank and associated parts and two days later they changed the tank. Just be sure you have almost no fuel in the tank when you go in. The mechanic thanked me for not having hardly any fuel in it, as he said most come in with more than a half or three quarters of a tank and he sometimes has to pump fuel out so he can remove the old tank. Also, if you have a ton of miles on yours, consider having the fuel pump(s) replaced. Mine had about 165K on it when the tank was changed and the fuel pump failed at 170K......with almost a full tank of gas. I changed the pump myself but did have to pump about 4-5 gallons of fuel out before removing the pump. If you try to remove the lock ring with too much fuel in the tank, you'll end up with fuel all over the back seat insulation and floor. Also, be sure you're in a well ventilated area if you change the pump yourself.

41 - 41 of 41 Posts