Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to get newer headlights for my 06 heritage edition. Do heritage models have diff specifications when it comes to headlights then a normal 300c? When browsing I noticed all talked about how they “Will not fit Models with Factory HID/Xenon Headlights” but will fit with factory halogen. How do I know what I have

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Your Heritage Edition should have HID headlamps.

There are many ways to confirm, but the simplest is to turn on your high beams, get out of the car and look carefully at the headlamps.

If all four bulbs are the same color temperature, with a yellowish cast, you have halogens.

If only your high beams have a yellowish cast, and your low beams have a much higher, blue-white color temperature, you have HID lamps.

You could also visit that big auction website, look up used headlamps for your car, and examine the photos. Then look at your headlamps (the passenger side is easier to see). HID units have a very distinctive appearance from the rear.

Your build sheet will also specify which headlamps you have.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your Heritage Edition should have HID headlamps.

There are many ways to confirm, but the simplest is to turn on your high beams, get out of the car and look carefully at the headlamps.

If all four bulbs are the same color temperature, with a yellowish cast, you have halogens.

If only your high beams have a yellowish cast, and your low beams have a much higher, blue-white color temperature, you have HID lamps.

You could also visit that big auction website, look up used headlamps for your car, and examine the photos. Then look at your headlamps (the passenger side is easier to see). HID units have a very distinctive appearance from the rear.

Your build sheet will also specify which headlamps you have.
Hello. I just figured out that I do have HID headlamps. Now is there any aftermarket headlights for this because I’m not finding much. Almost all lights I said it says “won’t work with HID”

1 - 4 of 4 Posts