Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there guys, about a year ago, I had one of my valve stems replaced due to leaking tire and I think the shop I utilized used a cheap one. Shortly after the "Check TPM System" error will show on EVIC system and the tire pressure would read "--" . So after a while of being annoyed, I recently researched and made sure I purchased the proper frequency which was 315mhz and had the valve stem on that same tire replaced at a reputable shop. He notified me to drive for about 20 mins for the sensors to auto connect. Now the Check TPM System error still continues however it actually reads the tire pressure and doesn't represent the --. Is there a way to try to reset the sensors on the tires again and retry at home? Or do I need to take it to a shop with a special diagnostic device?

Does this sound like a TPMS sensor going bad?

·
Administrator
19,617 Posts
I am going to assume that you only did one sensor and since the sensor was replaced, and hopefully not damaged during the install, that you have been through at least 3 ignition key cycles (Off/On/Off x 3).

You can reset the sensors by removing the negative cable on your battery, wait 30 minutes and it should reset.

I would do that first and see if the condition persists.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going to assume that you only did one sensor and since the sensor was replaced, and hopefully not damaged during the install, that you have been through at least 3 ignition key cycles (Off/On/Off x 3).

You can reset the sensors by removing the negative cable on your battery, wait 30 minutes and it should reset.

Thank you I'll give the reset a try!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Definetly fixed my problem God bless you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts