Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there are any differences that would limit us (with 05-07 model 300's) from switching our old tail lights for the new ones. I have the hemi tails (with the 3 clear strips in the middle) that is tinted, and I like them, hovever I think the new hemi tail lights tinted (two clear strips at the bottom) would look pretty cool, and would freshen up my 05. Has anyone done this? I dont think it would be that big of a deal, but I havent been around alot of 08's so I havent really looked at them alot to tell a difference.

Thanks

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
I don't think it'll work because the trunk lid is a couple of inches longer and the same with the tail lights if I'm not mistaken. That would make it look kinda weird if they stuck out too far on a 2005-2007.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I am not going to say that I dislike the new trunk, however I am not too happy that you get the same trunk on the base model as you do the srt. What I mean by that is there is no more lip spoiler for the srt (well there kinda is, but you know what I mean) to make an aggressive look. Well, I like my xenon spoiler right now, so I think that I may have to cancel this idea for a while if you have to get the new trunk.

Thanks folks!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just judging from being beside a 2008 at an intersection the rear lights look like they might be the same size as pre 08's. there is a lip on the back of the trunk lid but it tapers off towards the outside edges where the lid meets the regular body lines.

At least thats how it appears without actually taking some measurements.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess the easiest thing is for me to find someone who has an 08 and pop a tail light out and put it in mine. Only 3 hand screws and it is out. I do know someone who has a v6 08 model, so I am going to see if I can try it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts