Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here, just got my 07 300 a couple weeks ago, i'm wondering if anyone knows if the 08 taillights will bolt into an 07. i like the design of the 08 lights much better but don't know if they'll bolt onto an 07. Anyone try this yet?

·
Registered
979 Posts
hey thats my car yes those are srt8/c tailights. i dont know if the 08's will bolt up but i dont see why not i dont think the backend of the car changed besides the lights correct me if i am wrong. I assume you saw my tutorial soo regardless some wiring is going to have to be changed which is no biggie.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think your a little confused sir. First off you cant have a 300C and touring. its one or the other. I guess the lights your talking about are the ones that have the 3 clear stripes in the middle. Those come on stock 300C's and SRT8s.

·
Registered
321 Posts
The tail lamps off the 08 will fit any year 300 . Now the problem you will have if you install the 08 lights on an 05-07 300 will be that the lights are thicker on 08 to make up the difference in length of the new trunk lid . So if you want to add the 08 lights you will also need to change the trunk lid to make it look flush . Just putting on the lights you will have then stick out a few inches past the trunk lid

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
300 srt8, you're right, I'm confused, I'm pretty sure now though, that it isn't a model year difference I see but it's the srt8 tailight's I saw. I like the round light pictured above with the clear stripes, mine do not look like that. So, I'm guessing I need srt8 taillights and do the mod to make them work on my car.

·
Registered
247 Posts
does anyone have a comparison picture? i didn't know that the 2007 vs 2008 vs srt was different... thanks :)

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
70LS1,

You are still cornfused! :) The SRT8 and the 300C have the same tail light assemblies. The 300 Touring has different headlights and tail lights.

·
Registered
979 Posts
70LS1,

You are still cornfused! :) The SRT8 and the 300C have the same tail light assemblies. The 300 Touring has different headlights and tail lights.
yes this is for sure correct. srt8's and c's have the 3 clear strips. touring, base 300's only have a single strip.

so like someone mentioned above your car cant be a touring and a "C" like you have stated next to your name. A "c" has a 5.7 hemi your touring either has a 3.5l or 2.7l engine. A srt8 has the 6.1l engine with a different interior, a trunk spoiler, different and bigger wheels, as well as a different front fascia with a chin spoiler.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
The SRT8 has Larger Wheels, Larger Rotors, Brembo Brake Calipers, Different seats (the rest is the same) dechromed bumpers with larger lower valance lips, different struts and springs, larger sway bars and the trunk lip spoiler.

The Touring has a completely different front faschia, headlights, taillights. I do not know if the shocks are different (most likely are since they are not supporting the weight of a V8) and they also have smaller brakes and calipers than the 300.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
EXACTLY!! Alright, I'm getting less "cornfused" every day now thanks to you guys. I changed the "C" in my profile to touring. I bought this car not knowing all the differences in tiltes and options. I have the 3.5 touring. Thanks to all the kind answers, and useful info, I'm learning more every day.

·
Registered
979 Posts
most people i run into always assume i drive a 300c thinking that means body style. Like the old 300m. I say its the same as the 300c body style but its just a 300 different engine..

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Nope, you guys are still confused, they did a switcharoo on the 05-07 and 08 tail lights:

05-07 for ALL NON-C 300s: Basically, solid red with a white spot at the bottom
05-07 for ALL 300Cs: The red ones with 3 stripes

08 for ALL NON-C 300s: The red ones with 3 stripes, but the circle
08 for ALL 300Cs: Similar layout to the old NON-C lights, but with stripes at the bottom instead of a clear box, and the red light pattern is in circles instead of a cheap reflector like the old non-c lights were.

In other words, from a very quick glance an 08 V6 looks like an 05-07 hemi, and the 08 hemis look like the 05-07 v6s.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Any one know if we can get the truck with the brake light for an 06 c?

·
Registered
23 Posts
see this confused the hell out of me as all of the '300' base cars are called 300c here
only difference afaik is:
300c CRD
300c 3.5
300c Hemi
300c Srt8

Our touring version is the wagon..

forgive me if that was stupid still new to the scene

and after some googling i realise i have just made a total ass of myself

1 - 16 of 16 Posts