Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1/4 mile ET's

4696 Views 23 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Dutch
This is a great forum with loads of information. Would like to see some real ET's to compare to mods done.
I ran my 300C and was somewhat disapointed.

Air Temp - 88 degrees F
Track Temp - 100+
1500 miles on odometer
In Drive, let transmission do it's own thing.
1st Run - 14.850 @ 95.33 mph
2nd Run- 14.814 @ 96.11 mph
3rd Run - 14.846 @ 95.23 mph.

Car is stock. Have Borla exhaust ready to install and Volant intake in the mail. I'll try to post the times after each mod.

Thanks,

Russ
1 - 6 of 24 Posts
All - Thanks for the welcome!!

jcsganga34 - First run I used power braking (about 2000), 2 & 3 just gassed it. A little more wheel spin without power braking, but ET no different. Didn't attempt manual shifting because I'm looking for a baseline.

NR - Yes timeslip. Runs approx 30 minutes apart. Didn't list all the intermediates. Did get a .101 RT (not bad for grandpa, but won't mention the other two). Should have run the week before (50 degrees and 10 mph tailwind), but was helping my grandson.

mspeas - Here in Orlando we are at SL. I forgot to get the pressures, but in this bracket, probably only worth a few hundreths.

zilla - The Borlas are here and the Volant should be here tomorrow. If I'm working alone I'll do the Volant first, but if my grandson is available, I'll do the Borlas (2 person job)

All - Again, thanks for the welcome.
mspeas - As an ex flight instructor and military avaitor, I understand the relationship of pressure/altitude (approx 1"/1ooo ft) and will record it next time. Typically this time of year dosn't change much (usually 29.8 - 30.2). I forgot to mention that I did record RH at 66% (affects air density) which has a slightly larger effect.

At any rate, if these products do what they say they'll do, I shoud see it in the ET's

May not run this Friday, but for sure next Friday.

Have a nice set up here in Orlando on Friday nights. Cost $10 per person, + $5 to run. It's sponsored by the Sheriff to keep kids from racing on the street. No classes and with the typical amount of cars, trucks, bikes you can run about every 1/2 hour between 6:30 PM and 10:30 PM. Six staging lanes, so real easy to grudge race or put a little money down.

Russ
Russ said:
This is a great forum with loads of information. Would like to see some real ET's to compare to mods done.
I ran my 300C and was somewhat disapointed.

Air Temp - 88 degrees F
Track Temp - 100+
1500 miles on odometer
In Drive, let transmission do it's own thing.
1st Run - 14.850 @ 95.33 mph
2nd Run- 14.814 @ 96.11 mph
3rd Run - 14.846 @ 95.23 mph.

Car is stock. Have Borla exhaust ready to install and Volant intake in the mail. I'll try to post the times after each mod.

Thanks,

Russ
Today I installed the Borlas (140112). I put the back end on ramps and the job was easy (about 1.5 hours) with the help of my grandson.

Then took it back to the track.

Air Temp - 85 degrees F
Track Temp - Unknown but estimate about 100
RH - 46%
BP - 30.01
Slight headwind of 10 mph about 20 degrees off nose.
As before, just ran in D with ESP off (tried both on and off, didn't seem to matter).
1st Run - 14.697 @ 96.64 mph
2nd Run - 14.642 @ 96.43 mph (RT .013) brag brag
3rd Run - 14.662 @ 96.28 mph

Seems the Borla took off almost .2.

Next I'll install the Volant and run again.

Russ
See less See more
dutch - Here are my 60 ft times:

Before Borla
Run 1 - 2.319
Run 2 - 2.332
Run 3 - 2.344

After Borla
Run 1 - 2.267
Run 2 - 2.293
Run 3 - 2.271

Russ
See less See more
AWD - I don't bracket race because I go out to just have fun, get a few runs in, and then watch.

My grandson is also running a 89 MX 6, and has it to 14 flat.

I'm 67, so I am thrilled to get RT's under .1, which is the biggest part of winning bracket racing. Last time I did post a .013, but can't do that often enough.

I'm also trying to figure out the real gains of some of the performance products. Those dyno curves are nice to look at, but I don't often drive in a lab.

Russ
1 - 6 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.