Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i am new here and just have a simple qurestion. What are you guys with 300Cs (and magnum R/Ts) running in the 1/4 mile? I have seen some bashers saying high 14s/mid 15s, but don't believe it (un;less the driver didn't turn the trac control off or is at 5000 feet). I am thinking high 13s/low 14s. Am i off base? Just curious.

Thanks, Brian

·
Registered
323 Posts
I believe that most people on the site are running low to mid 14's STOCK. I think we are still waiting for someone to land in the 13's with a stock car(someone correct me if I am wrong). I don't believe that any specific threads exist on 1/4 mile times but if you use the search on the site, you will find various posts under the Performance & Modifications section of the forum of people who have made 1/4 mile runs with their times. Maybe someone could start a thread with everyones 1/4 mile times???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think a collection of quarter mile times would be great. :) thanks for the reply though, I would love to afford a nice 300C but am stuck in my crappy 97 Crown vic PI.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I know that there are many different variations of 0-60 times and 1/4 miles times....

I really feel that the performance times CAR and Driver released back in March of last year for the 300C are really fair. I know other car mags. have gotten some really slower times but as we all know conditions are really a big deal, we're talking you can lose a FEW (3) seconds off a performance time with wrong conditions and intern gain those FEW back if conditions are right.

Along comes "book times and street times" are two different things. "Different strokes for different folks" comes to mind. On average a broken in 300C (at least 10K on the ODO) is running 5.5 to 5.8 on flat dry surfaces on an average temperature day at sea level. Can a 300C run a 5 flat? Possibly but not likely. Can you make an Enzo Ferrari run its booked 2.9 second 0-60 every time? Of course not, Enzo drivers are getting 3.5-3.7 on average.

Moral of the story is if a car mag. says that a car does 7 flat 0-60 and another car does it in 8 seconds, it’s totally likely that the guy driving the car tested at 7 flat will lose to the other guy 30% of the time. Meaning 300C (best recorded time 5.3) versus RSX-Type S(Best recorded time 6.1) beating 300C 30% percent of the time! :eek: ( I beat a Mitsu. Evo (best recored time 4.7) off the line in my 300C ;) )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts