Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all. I'm unsure if this particular item has been mentioned before or not, but I'll mention it irregardless. :biggrin:

This evening while checking-out our new 'Wal*Mart Superstore', my wife discovered a gigantic (1:5 scale) remote control black '300C SRT-8' by a company called 'Planet Toys, Inc'. The packaging graphics noted that the model's top speed is capable of 100mph (I'd assume in 1:5 scale mph). She was actually going to place that thing in her shopping cart and buy it for me, but I don't have the room for such a large item in my home, nor am I one who plays with remote control cars...maybe twenty years or so ago, but not now. :wink1:

So, I thought that some of you out there just might like to buy this thing, as it certainly looks sharp. We also jotted down the website address from the packaging ( www.plantetoysltd.com ), but I did not locate that item within their website in order to be able to post a photo of it for you. I also didn't see a price tag on the box of the one my wife located nor was it located in the appropriate toy section, as somebody had actually dropped it off in the housewares department. Since it's a large item, I'm sure that it isn't cheap, but then again since it's at Wal*Mart, it couldn't be all that expensive either. I just thought that one of you may want to add this item to your own and/or to your child's Christmas list. :deal:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I couldn't find any info on this. While I'm waiting for Planet Toys to respond to my email, can you tell us at which Wal Mart it was seen?

·
Registered
563 Posts
I've seen this sucker here at my local Wal-Mart, (California, MD) and there have been a few scattered reports of them esleswhere. It cost $99, and if they make a Charger version, I'll probably get:) Its a copy of the One Lap SRT-8 that the SRT guys drove.

·
Registered
587 Posts
yeah some guy that i work with told me the same thing, that he saw a 300 r/c for sale ( $99) and it capable of 10 mph.....here in sacramento... i might have to check it out

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Someone else around the forum showed one from Target. It was the size of the (kitchen?) table he had it displayed on! Then the Target toy magazine arrived with the Sunday paper and there it was at $100. It also plays your audio devices (whatever).

·
Registered
252 Posts
the one that was posted was an replica of the SRT8 race car that was seen on this site months ago. i believe it is in the silver steel color. i am trying to get my hands on one but havent had time to get to walmart. someone on ebay was selling them at like $125 plus shipping if i am correct. :wave:

·
Registered
538 Posts
I think the one at Wal-Mart is junk.

If you look you will notice that it doesn't even have side mirrors on the thing. :eek:uch:

JFF:D

·
Registered
781 Posts
Hope this isn't bad internet etiquette (if there is such a thing), but here's a pic I "appropriated" from the other lx forum:

Rick

·
Registered
125 Posts
SRT Toy

Guys this can be had at any local walmart for $99.It is huge 1/5 scale and remote control,everything is included and is ready yo run.I just had to get one.Havent pulled it out of the box yet but it states it will do 100mph scaled speed

Attachments

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
DESIREE said:
Someone else around the forum showed one from Target. It was the size of the (kitchen?) table he had it displayed on! Then the Target toy magazine arrived with the Sunday paper and there it was at $100. It also plays your audio devices (whatever).
I think that's the one my son bought me last night. You can plug an mp3 player into it in the trunk. It's a Tyco RC and it is as big as a kitchen table.

Rambit

·
Registered
164 Posts
Rambit said:
I think that's the one my son bought me last night. You can plug an mp3 player into it in the trunk. It's a Tyco RC and it is as big as a kitchen table.

Rambit
Hey Rambit....

I got mine at Canadian Tire for $ 119....it's featured in their Christmas Gift flyer.....i also found a 1/5 scale Dodge Magnum R/T made by Jada Toys (Dub City) at Walmart in the Seattle area.....got them parked next to each other...

WC

·
Registered
164 Posts
300CSRT said:
Guys this can be had at any local walmart for $99.It is huge 1/5 scale and remote control,everything is included and is ready yo run.I just had to get one.Havent pulled it out of the box yet but it states it will do 100mph scaled speed
Hey 300CSRT....

could you tell me what is the name of the manufacture for that R/C car ?.....it does not appear to be a Dub City or a brand i recognize....

thank you ! :wave:

WC

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
WestcoastSRT8 said:
Hey Rambit....

I got mine at Canadian Tire for $ 119....it's featured in their Christmas Gift flyer.....i also found a 1/5 scale Dodge Magnum R/T made by Jada Toys (Dub City) at Walmart in the Seattle area.....got them parked next to each other...

WC
My dog is scared to death of it. This thing is huge and fun to park in my family room. The one I have is a 300C, but it does have a spoiler on the deck lid and plays "Baby Shyne On" and has a cool engine start up & rev sound. I may paint the chrome mirrors black though.

Rambit

·
Registered
563 Posts
WestcoastSRT8 said:
Hey 300CSRT....

could you tell me what is the name of the manufacture for that R/C car ?.....it does not appear to be a Dub City or a brand i recognize....

thank you ! :wave:

WC

Its not, the maker is "planettoys", and theres no information about this one anywhere online, or on Wal-Marts pages either.

·
Registered
46 Posts
300CSRT said:
Do those stickers come off easily? I just want one that looks like a real car, not all DUB'd up or covered with decals.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Rambit said:
My dog is scared to death of it. This thing is huge and fun to park in my family room. The one I have is a 300C, but it does have a spoiler on the deck lid and plays "Baby Shyne On" and has a cool engine start up & rev sound. I may paint the chrome mirrors black though.

Rambit
Sounds like the same thing (Tyco RC 1:5 Chrysler 300C) that I picked up at Target for $99.99 US. The engine start and rev sound in great. I just wish that's the only on-board sound it made, and that it made it in relationship to the throttle position! I slipped a CD player into the trunk so that I don't have to listen to that "Baby Shyne On" stuff. Definitely not my bag. It has a two-speed setup: slow when music is played , and fast when the music features are off. The headlights, brakelights and turnsignals all work, as well as lighting in the wheelwells. Our cats all line up to watch it until it gets too close, then they scatter!
Here's a picture:

You can just make out that the headlights are on and that the wheels are reflecting lighting from the wheelwells.
I got a 1:18 scale version for Christmas for my grandson to chase mine around when we get together.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
HealeyRick said:
Hope this isn't bad internet etiquette (if there is such a thing), but here's a pic I "appropriated" from the other lx forum:

Rick
300CSRT said:
Yep, that's just like the one we saw (but in black) at the new Wal*Mart Superstore located in the east Palm Springs, CA area. From what I remember, I believe that the front door racing number placard was actually painted on and not a decal, but I can't guarantee it. :wink1:

·
Registered
8 Posts
My salesman got one for me this week , thanks for buying from him thing. Lots of fun and it is pretty quick. Unfortunately it is in SS and I have a Brilliant Silver, close enough!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts