Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Well there she goes! My HEMI has clocked past 100,000 miles in just short of 3 years. Won't say that it's been trouble free but I still love my C.

Anyway after this length of time, I've finally got round to spending some cash on it.
A Magnaflow cat-back system goes on Thursday, followed by Eibach springs and sway bars.

For the finishing touches, I'm going to buy a Diablo Predator from Autotrucktoys (unless anyone knows a better place to buy that also ship to UK) and a CAI.

Question is which would you guys recommend?
Engine is stock, will have Magnaflow exhaust and Predator shortly, and runs on 95 ron pump gas.

I've read the AFE is good, but first hand experience would be welcome.

The other thing I have tried looking for is LED exterior lighting. Not the PUTCO dome lighting, but the lights that are behind the centre console. The lights behind mine get really hot and on a long night run, this confuses the temperature sensor and it starts cutting off the heat and blowing cold air into a cold cabin. LEDs instead of bulbs might solve this, but I can find any.

Thanks for you help.
Cheers
Steve

ps for a laugh, the price per US gallon of 95ron over here is currently equivalent to ....................$8.18! yikes! Diesel is $8.86!

·
Registered
435 Posts
AFE stage II, great buy! definitely the way to go with gains vs cost...

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys,
Thanks for the replys.
I've found the AFE website and the stage2 is about $355. Sound good?

Which is best though as there are two types?
The Stage2 CX or the Stage2 CX with Pro-Dry S?

Picked up my Magnaflow today too! It's a big bugger! :)
Tomorrow, my C will sound like a V8!

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
848 Posts
You'll LOVE the AFE II. I've had mine about 16 months. :fing02: At $355 it sounds a bit pricey to me though. You should be able to do a little better than that on the price...

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Magnaflow is now on! Lovely sound!
I do get the MSD drone though. Surprising how often it kicked in on the 50 miles journey home.

So is there anything I can do about it, or do I wait until I've got the Predator.

Also do I have to reset the ECU? with fuse 11 is it?

Thanks for you help.

Can't wait to drive it tomorrow!!!!!
:))

Steve

·
Registered
859 Posts
So is there anything I can do about it, or do I wait until I've got the Predator
Your only options until you get your predator are to either drive around in
4th gear so the MDS does not kick in....

Or, you can think to yourself that everytime you hear the MDS kick in, that
you are now saving money on gas because you are in 4 cyl mode...

I have had my Magnaflow cat-back on my 2005 300C for over two years
now, and I LOVE the sound. From start-up, to idle, to driving to WOT, there
is no other exhaust that sounds like this.

Everytime my MDS kicks in, I just think to myself, "Hey, I have a Hemi, I
am getting over 22 MPG, and I can still kick the ass of most cars out
there".

Its a nice feeling...

Jim

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Jim,
That's a good point.
Round town I tend to be in 3rd anyway so it's only an issue on the main highways. Cool, I plan to get a Predator anyway soon.

Question though, my installer said he couldn't get the cross-member that is halfway down the transmission tunnel, back on again. Anyone else had that problem?

Cheers
Magnaflowed-Steve!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Cue,
I've tried it but now engine seems to hunt at low revs. It may have done it before, but I've never noticed until the Magnaflow went on!

MDS drone IS annoying.

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
192 Posts
When I had my charger, I had a SLP and it had no reso's, so when I went on the highway, I would use the auto shifter and and leave it in gear 5. When you do that, the MDS doesn't kick on.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I now have flowmaster super 44's on, but I have Blastin Bob's reso kit with tips on, so no MDS Drone for me!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey CUE244----How does it sound in the cabin at hiway speeds. I am still fishing for a cat back thats quiet on the road but V8 at WOT----

Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts