Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question.

I have 11,000 miles on my 300C SRT 8 and I have never taken her to the dealer for any service.

My question is do I need to bring her in for any TSB's?

I know that there have been several threads discussing the transmission and the shifting hesitation.

Is it better to leave well enough alone or will my car benefit from any TSB's.

Does someone have a list of the tsb's that need attention?

I greatly appreciate your input!

Yes, I still have the dusty breaks and they are killing me!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Have to bring it in? No.

Should you? Maybe. Unless there is some type of problem with the
car, and unless you have any symptoms of the TSB's other than the brakes,
why bother.

If the brake dust issue is indeed bothering you, then you could bring it in
for that, but otherwise, you don't HAVE to.

It all depends on what YOU want. If the car is running great, and you are
not having any problems with cleaning off the brake dust, its your call.

Jim

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
I would take it,get your tranny leak sorted,your tie rods sorted and your rotors sorted,your car must shake like a bag of bones when you brake.lmao

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I would take it,get your tranny leak sorted,your tie rods sorted and your rotors sorted,your car must shake like a bag of bones when you brake.lmao
SRT8's don't have the dreaded 300c tie rod problem. But all othering things you are dead on. Take it to the dealer and get those things addressed.

The most notable TSB is the 1-2 shift hesitation fix.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My car actually is perfect the way it is! I store the car in the garage and my floor is cleeeeaan.

Corners like a beast on F1's, slotted rotors from the factory, adjustable pedals for pete's sake!

Other than the usual front fascia issue (scrapes and the belly pan is gone) and a couple of small road rash on the rims :)twak: ) she is a solid 9.

I will try to post some pics from my cell phone.

The brake dust is killin me.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
does your steering wheel wobble a little bit when braking from say 70mph?

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Thats good then,

·
Registered
1,228 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
does your steering wheel wobble a little bit when braking from say 70mph?
mine does.!! i got a 2008 300 v6 3.5..i'm experiencing a transmission lag..feels like a bang sometimes and my front brakes sound like crap. i hit the brakes at like 40-60 mph and the stweering wheel has a vibration and the brakes sound like really bad..i only have 9300 miles on the car...and the rear tires are almost worn down too...

help....

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I finally got the new Zeckhausen Racing Posi-Quiets to battle the dust.
Man, I should have done that years ago.
I installed them myself and it was the easiest brake job I have ever done.
I cleaned up all the brake dust on the inside of the rims while I ahd them off and WoW what a difference.
I cleaned her up and it's been a week and no brake dust.
The car doesnt leak anything, doesn't pull anywhere, doesn't wobble, shake, shimmy or roll.
It's as fast as when new and as tight too.
I am thinking of bringing her to the Dealership to fix the horn, it seems to not be working right.
While I'm there I will bring the belly pan and brake air ducts in that I removed to have them reinstall them.
Otherwise, under 11,000 trouble free miles in 2 years.
I love my ride!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
you fitted your own brake pads but you cant fit the belly pan you removed???whats going on here?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you fitted your own brake pads but you cant fit the belly pan you removed???whats going on here?
Dude, it's broken. The whole belly pan thing really sucks.

My wife <<< had been occasionally scraping the bottom front for a while. It weakened. She went too far over a parking block once and when she backed up the front bumper cover caught and popped off on one side. The belly pan was not atached to the front bumper cover and It damaged some plastic holes and connectors underneath.
Later, she was driving down the highway and with the air pushing the belly pan back, it ground itself up a bit against the ground. It makes me sick.:yuck: Haven't you heard about alot of members having similar situations with the low front end on the SRT8?

The damage is too much to just "jimmy" it back together. Which is what I would be capable of doing.
I think I'd rather pay them whatever and get it like new again.

It's really a bad subject with this car and my wife<<<<.:smashfrea

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
it happens to alot of people. do a claim( as long as ur insurance is pretty clean dont want prems going up though) say a tire or sumtin went under ur car on the highway.....? i know someone that did that and they replaced bumper and eveyrthing under. he had a 250 deduct and they gave him like 1200 for labor n parts i think

·
Registered
375 Posts
My wife <<< had been occasionally scraping the bottom front for a while. It weakened. She went too far over a parking block once and when she backed up the front bumper cover caught and popped off on one side. The belly pan was not atached to the front bumper cover and It damaged some plastic holes and connectors underneath.
Later, she was driving down the highway and with the air pushing the belly pan back, it ground itself up a bit against the ground. It makes me sick.:yuck: Haven't you heard about alot of members having similar situations with the low front end on the SRT8?
She sounds like a liability. Divorce her. I'm getting married 2 weeks from tomorrow :scared: and I already let my fiance know about the parking curbs.

J/k about the divorce. Mistakes happen.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
She sounds like a liability. Divorce her. I'm getting married 2 weeks from tomorrow :scared: and I already let my fiance know about the parking curbs.

J/k about the divorce. Mistakes happen.
I'd choose her over the car any day of the week.
She gives me more of a "rush" than this car ever did.
I know you are just kidding, this stuff happens to many 300CSRT8 drivers.
We finally learned to back into parking spaces or pull up slowly and not to far up to the front.
At some point I will replace the one piece front bumper cover and maybe even fit a new grill in there.
As far as insurance, submitting a claim nowadays is like bending over and letting them.......well you know.
We have had the belly pans and air ducts out of the car for like 5-6 months and you really can't tell the difference.
We don't race the car so it really doesn't matter.
But I gotta tell you that the brake job was EEAASSYY!
How chrysler got that part so right and the whole front end thing so wrong is beyond me.
I used to have a 91 Camaro and it had a long, low front. But, it never came off and I never had to do any work to it.
We have almost 11,000 miles on our 300 and I think my wife would rather go back to her BMW X5. For the price, I think we got a better deal on the 300. I like the 300 better.
The wife really doesn't know what she is driving and about the power and the street cred that a 300 has.:cool:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you're still under warranty I think they will replace the rotors under the TSB.
I just had the tranny leak fixed last week. I had them check the Tie Rods under TSB and they told me that the Tie rods were connected to Michelin tires only. I also had them do the tranny flash TSB for shift hesitation.
Good luck with all your stuff.
Otherwise, I really love the looks and performance of this car. Tell me of another car that looks this nice and has this kind of performance.
Notta one as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you're still under warranty I think they will replace the rotors under the TSB.
I just had the tranny leak fixed last week. I had them check the Tie Rods under TSB and they told me that the Tie rods were connected to Michelin tires only. I also had them do the tranny flash TSB for shift hesitation.
Good luck with all your stuff.
Otherwise, I really love the looks and performance of this car. Tell me of another car that looks this nice and has this kind of performance.
Notta one as far as I'm concerned.
Thanks, I'll see what the dealer says about the rotors. It appears that the rotors should still be under warranty (2 yr/24k), but the pads are not. I'm not sure what they'll replace, the rear rotors are a little uneven but not real ugly. I was pretty surprised to find out the pads needed renewal after 15k miles, but then the dust shedding should have been a clue. I'll find out soon how much the duralast gold pads shed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts