Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Email from dealer asking about Friends and Family discount:

"We are not participating with that program, only where the 2005 Chrysler 300 is concerned. Another thing is that there is now a 12-16 month wait for build of any 300C Hemi V-8 Sedans, and 8-12 weeks for ant other model. Currently due to supplier issues, no 300 model can be ordered with a Power Sunroof."

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ouch that hurts.....

Say it isn't so.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
That is INSANE!! I wonder how many orders they have in the pipeline to be delivered in that timeframe. Thank God I got mine when I did.

IT is awesome.

I wonder how this will change the potential release date of an SRT-8

·
Registered
41 Posts
another thing is...The Magnums and the Dodge versions on the 300C will now need to be built for Fall release so I assume that part of the delay may be for build demand for the Dodge Dealers.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
300CHemi said:
another thing is...The Magnums and the Dodge versions on the 300C will now need to be built for Fall release so I assume that part of the delay may be for build demand for the Dodge Dealers.
I seriously doubt the production of the Dodge sedan in the Fall. The car has to be 'officially' introduced or rolled-out at a national auto show and the next one is not until the LA Auto Show in Dec 2004 and the following NAIAS in Detroit in Jan 2005.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm thinking that's 12-16 WEEKS, guys, not MONTHS. Somebody must have goofed. Others have heard wait times in the 3-4 month range. I wouldn't believe "months" until you have it confirmed from another source or three... it doesn't make any sense.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I paid my dealer a visit yesterday and he told me that the 300c with the DVD based Navi are held up in the pipeline. Some kind of shortage of parts on the supplier, he didn’t say how long the wait would be. I go about 2-3 times a week just to check out their inventory, because they post this huge list, in plain site, of 300 's that will be coming by model, color, and features. Oh and they list the prices too. The have a fully loaded 300c coming in with every possible option and they are asking $43,000 for it. :eek:

Anyone else here about the 300 with the option for the Navi being held up? Is this true?

·
Registered
3 Posts
MOMO said:
...Anyone else here about the 300 with the option for the Navi being held up? Is this true?
Yes, it's true. The Nav units are being held up on all Chrysler vehicles, but not for too long. The model "REC" (300C unit) and "RB4" navigation system availability has been delayed until June in order to ensure full compatibility on all DaimlerChrysler vehicles.

·
Registered
84 Posts
tloke said:
Yes, it's true. The Nav units are being held up on all Chrysler vehicles, but not for too long. The model "REC" (300C unit) and "RB4" navigation system availability has been delayed until June in order to ensure full compatibility on all DaimlerChrysler vehicles.

Dang that's a deal breaker for me. I want a Navi, hopefully by the time I get ready to pull the trigger I'll be able to get a loaded 300c with the Navi.

·
Registered
159 Posts
This June is "OK" ... Next June is .... well..... I really hope the 12 month thing is just a misprint.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello, I am new to this forum and just placed my order last week through my local dealer. My dealer is telling me “about a month’, but they also said it “might be 6-8 weeks”. I’m a little worried now that I read this. I got the moon-roof, Sound II & Nav. Now I read that the moon-roof an Nav will delay it…. errrrrrrrr :mad:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have been calling the Chrysler Hotline to find the status of my car, they told me it was built but not shipped. I asked how long and they said that the dealer would have it in 10 to 14 days. I got a call from the dealer on Friday, Guess What, your car is in!! I said the factory said up to 2 weeks. I drove to the dealer and I will be taking delivery tomorrow afternoon.. Yeah!!!! I t appears that the Hotline doesn't have a clue what the factory is doing..

·
Registered
53 Posts
markd,
Congrats! I'm still in the pipeline. When did you place your initial order. I am currently in 'D' status (since 4/28). I'm just trying to get a gauge. Also don't 4get we want pics.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I ordered the car on 4/5 . I was told delivery was going to be on 5/5. I was then told the car would be 2 weeks late. But it came in on fridat. I'll post pics as soon as I can :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
TheMurph544 said:
Hello, I am new to this forum and just placed my order last week through my local dealer. My dealer is telling me “about a month’, but they also said it “might be 6-8 weeks”. I’m a little worried now that I read this. I got the moon-roof, Sound II & Nav. Now I read that the moon-roof an Nav will delay it…. errrrrrrrr :mad:
Welcome th the forum TheMurph544.
From what I was told from my local dealer was get it NOW. Because Chrysler was having problems with the supplier for the DVD based Navi. If the already put your ordered in then, most likely, you will be the last of the bunch. Or you might be first in the line, either way it's too early to get upset.

If you tell me that you ordered your car in magnesium pearl color I will die, that’s the exact combo that I want. Did you get the chance to listen to the type II sound system yet? I was impressed with the stock Boston Acoustics system and I was wondering if its was worth the extra money?

May I asked what you paid for your 300c, you can email if you don’t want to reveal this info on the forum, thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My new 300C is brilliant black crystal pearl coat(whew). I got every option except the block heater and smokers package. THe list was $38,535.00 I got $1,000 off for owner loyalty(98 caravan). If you buy the car in May and use CHrysler finance they will give you another $ 1,000

·
Registered
110 Posts
Talked to the dealer today trying to get an idea when the Black Pearl 300C I ordered back in Mid April will be ready. He did confirm some issue with Moon/Sun roofs, he had not heard anything regarding the Navigation system. He did say my car was listed as "D" status. He said that is the early stage of being assembled. Hopefully, it will be done and shipped to Kansas City area by end of May. Did not give me a VIN# yet, my VON is 12823612. So, anyone out there with "Magic VIN Sniffing Computers" feel free to see if you can find it in the system for confirmation.

I also asked about the $1000 finance incentive for May. He said he will check into finding how to get around the May 31 deadline for delivery, if applicable. That will really irritate me if I order in April for May delivery. Incentive comes out for cars delivered in May (with financing), then Chrysler pushes back delivery to after May. :mad:

I'm sure they will do the right thing, to keep from ticking off former Ford and GM car buyers, like me. :D

1 - 20 of 46 Posts