Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have an 08 300 SRT Design, 5.7L, 33k miles / 54k km, it sat un-used for 6 or 7 years. I've had it for about 6 months with no real issues ( squeeky suspension and needed new brakes ) but my fuel economy is atrocious! I average 18.2L/100km or about 12.9MPG, I've owned very large trucks that got better fuel mileage then that.

I replaced the spark plugs 2 months ago, economy didn't improve, plugs were decent, there's no fuel filter on this car, the car runs well, doesn't hesitate, has lot's of power, drives nice, just the fuel mileage seems really bad.. from what other 300 owners tell me they get much better..

Any ideas what I can do help this? I did do a seafoam into the intake treatment but I wonder if I should add some to the fuel? I use the 89 octane as recommended.

Thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I get like 11mpg with mine but figured it's just my heavy foot.

Looking at the instant mpg on my phone with the torque app, as soon as my foot rests on the pedal just enough to maintain speed, the mpg drops from 25+ down to 10. Then at wide open it drops to around 1.6 mpg.

I should really get my wide band bungs installed so I can see what's going on

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
I mean, driving style definitely has a major effect. I know I can average much much higher on the highway, but anything stop and go is terrible. For me I feel like part of it is my tune, I have my gas pedal set to be really sensitive, so I think it makes it much more difficult to for me to not constantly have my foot in it too much. At the same time I just really like how responsive it feels. I try to have fun when I drive, lol.

I need to reflash my stock tune and test my theory.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi I am in the UK and recently bought a 2007 300c 5.7 touring ,I bought it up in Scotland 270miles from me it showed 19.1 mpg and that is US calibration so here x1.2 for UK gallon =22.9 within 30 miles I was up to over 40mpg at 60-65 mph so I took photos for proof I could visibly watch it increase, on the way home it still averaged over 40mpg,here 95 octane is just over $6 UK gallon, now the but, I have had the resonators removed and 4" end pipes put on(wanted to extract the V8 growl) and the mpg has dropped down into the 20's 23.4 so UK 28mpg this is around our small UK town and small country roads,another cause for low mpg is the caliper pistons sticking on the 300c crd's common fault due to heat the piston warps and does not return again I had this on my 300c crd mpg down in the low 20's but once new pistons fitted (already had new pads put in ) fuel display was showing 34mpg within 5 miles of leaving the garage.Some tyres have poor mpg rating E's and F I try and go for B's and C's .Hope you get things sorted

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi again another thing I do with all my cars (3 2x 300c 1 Dodge Nitro 2.8crd) is reset the the fuel computer on a regular basis to give me an accurate figure.I have also got delivered today from Amazon .com a Spectre performance panel filter over 50% cheaper than a K&N here and same company ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
ol'trucker
Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums
Join the 300c forum community to discuss the Chrysler 300c, SRT8, horsepower specs, AWD system and so much more!
Full Forum Listing