Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
125hp shot on 5.7 hemi 386 RWHP

Has anyone done this before? I am running full magnaflow exhaust and high flow cats, an afeII and a predator. What type of horsepower at the wheels should i expect with a zex kit with a 125hp shot? Ok, just dyno'd 386 rwhp does that sound about right for that size shot cause before that i dyno'd 317 rwhp.
What times do you think i will run down the quarter using 275 40 17 drag radials.

BTW Anyone using a zex kit BE VARY CAREFUL WITH THE RESISTOR WIRE< AS MINE WAS BROKEN AND SHOT GAS WHILST THE THROTTLE BODY BLADE WAS CLOSED!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
i would be retarding the timing a bit with 125 shot fo sho. i never had the courage to run the 125 shot on my 5.7, but good luck and have fun

·
Banned
651 Posts
wow, ur gonna blow something up dude

·
Banned
651 Posts
what would you know your canadian

·
Registered
803 Posts
If you are using the predator I WOULD NOT use the high performance tune. Nitrous wants less timing..not more as the tunes in the predator will give you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, the reason i believe i wont blow anything up is that pre nitrous i was on the dyno monitoring the 93 cai tune, and i was able to tune the vehicle with the predator. We had to remove 5% fuel all round, then i added timing to the effect of 4, 3, 4. on those settings i did not get any knock and the car was awesome.
After adding the zex kit, i removed timing to the tune of 4 degrees retard so a total shift of 8 degrees all round. I also added fuel and left the fuel at 0 as opposed to leaning it out. The car showed a WOT AFR on the dyno of 10.8 which i believe was ultra safe, if some one disagrees please let me know.

BTW i am running 4306 v-power colder plugs and 100 octane fuel which is a blend of 5% ethanol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts