Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would you guys recommend two 12's or two 15's on the trunk? and does anyone have pics of those?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would go with 12's....with the money you save with 12's instead of 15's you could put towards an amp.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
though if bass is your thing and you want to stand out and make sure people hear you get the 15's. I've had two 18's before lol, in a diff car though. i dont think i could ever go back to 12's, i will upgrade mine sooner or later.

·
Registered
378 Posts
12's should be fine. Lots of good quality 12's out there, ive seen 10's that hit really hard too . Make sure you get a good amp. Also with the 12's you would save some trunk space too.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I have 2 JL Audio 12's and am extremely happy with the way they sound. I agree with the consensus so far, get some good quality 12's and with the difference get a quality amp.

·
Registered
979 Posts
i think personally this is the most open ended question to ask. No Offense but there are soo many subs amps and boxes out there someone with the best equipment can make their system sound awfull because of a poorly designed box. I would say the best thing you could do is set a budget for yourself on each item and go from there. I have heard 8's 10's 12's 15's and 18's in every application they sound different. so i guess its a starting point if your trying to accomplish sq or spl. Sq run a sealed box spl run a huge ported box. I dont wanna reccomend subs soo many good ones but here are a few brands to check out digital designs, re audio, image dynamics, kicker, phoenix gold, jl, all good in different aspects. there are many more killer subs out there too

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
i think personally this is the most open ended question to ask. No Offense but there are soo many subs amps and boxes out there someone with the best equipment can make their system sound awfull because of a poorly designed box. I would say the best thing you could do is set a budget for yourself on each item and go from there. I have heard 8's 10's 12's 15's and 18's in every application they sound different. so i guess its a starting point if your trying to accomplish sq or spl. Sq run a sealed box spl run a huge ported box. I dont wanna reccomend subs soo many good ones but here are a few brands to check out digital designs, re audio, image dynamics, kicker, phoenix gold, jl, all good in different aspects. there are many more killer subs out there too
^^^^^ good response i agree
My little brother makes custom boxes like you could ever imagine, hes the best he can make ANYTHING sound good.
i'll recommend somthing, memphis audio subs are tight check them out

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Honestly for a cleaner look and to maintain adequate trunk space-- you can go with either 2-8"s, 2-10"s or 2-12"s. There are tons of subs on the market these days, so have an idea of what you're willing to spend, whether you're looking for sound quality or just loudness. I know it's pretty easy to purchase an off the shelf prefabbed box but when you pick up your woofers you need to consider having a nice box built that will allow your subwoofers to excel. You will also need to pair up your subs with a good amplifier and of course wiring. Two 15"s in the back of a 300 is like putting 26"s on it...just doesn't look right...not to mention you will pretty much lose your trunk space. If you post what you are looking for in a subwoofer, specific sub size, RMS power you're looking to run and application(ported or sealed) I can help you out a little bit more. I can definitely put you in touch with a couple of excellent box builders as well.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
if your a sub guy it dont matter what looks "clean", its about shaking other cars

he didnt say he wanted it too look clean nor did he say he wanted to make other peoples cars shake, so we're talkin to a wall lol

·
Registered
378 Posts
I always liked the bass from 10" woofers just because i find it a bit "tighter" where with a bigger when it has the ability to go into a lower frequency, ive seen 10" with the right set up box, amp, etc, that bang really hard and you will have more trunk space which may not be a proirity now but its still nice to have the space you never know when you might needed provided you can get a 10" set that sounds good to you. You should shop around and do some more resarch speaker technology has come a long way in the last few years.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
when i do mine im doing 5 12's in my trunk, prolly going with memphis

·
Registered
42 Posts
i say fix your trunk and rear bumper first to avoid nasty rattle.
but id go 12's

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
12's are easier given you'd have to something custom on the bottom
to fit the humps in the trunk if you do a box big enough to fit 15's.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
if your a sub guy it dont matter what looks "clean", its about shaking other cars

he didnt say he wanted it too look clean nor did he say he wanted to make other peoples cars shake, so we're talkin to a wall lol

:pat: he only asked which he should go with lol

pardon the rest of us who elaborated on a potential setup:twak: lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
All you really need is 1 hi quality 12". Im running a fosgate T212D2 (12", 2ohm DVC STAGE 2) wired down to 1ohm on a nice 1200w (audiobahn a1300HCT) amp and an enclosure built to manufacturer spec, and you are bangin my friend. Perfect mix of SQL/SPL, heard from many blocks away :)

The sub itself is 60lbs, and the enclosure is another 85lbs, so be ready for alot of extra weight in the car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts