Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right guys. Most of these dash cams have auto 'on' and auto recording.

Basically the way it is meant to work is that when you switch the engine on, power is sent to the dash cam via the lead plugged into the cigarette lighter and the dash cam switches on and starts recording.

Problem is, the 300 CRD has permanent feeds in the 12v cigarette lighter plugs weather the ignition is on or not..!!! This means the dash cam is either always on or you switch it on and off manually. Can this be changed in the car? Is there a way to stop the permanent feed in the plugs and change them to just when the engine or ignition is switched on? I keep forgetting to switch the camera on as the permanent feed means after my journey I have to switch it off manually..!!!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Pete, I am not sure about the dash Cam, but I have 2006 Touring CRD and have my Parrot Blue tooth spliced into the cigarette lighter. The Parrot ony works when the ignition is switched on. Tried the lighter this morning as you comment confussed me and it only works with ignition on, nothing when off.

Russ

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Theres a fuse in the box in the boot that can be fitted in any one of two positions to either leave the socket permanatley live or switched via the ignition.

I cant remember the fuse number but its the only one with 3 sockets in line. Just unplug the fuse and move it acroos to the adjacent socket and your sorted.

jack

·
Premium Member
2,407 Posts
Theres a fuse in the box in the boot that can be fitted in any one of two positions to either leave the socket permanatley live or switched via the ignition.

I cant remember the fuse number but its the only one with 3 sockets in line. Just unplug the fuse and move it acroos to the adjacent socket and your sorted.

jack

As per Jack. I looked at it a while ago after some battery trouble. Tts fuse 18 in the boot. 'Selectable power output'. It has a staggered position i.e. you can have it perm or switched.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pete, I am not sure about the dash Cam, but I have 2006 Touring CRD and have my Parrot Blue tooth spliced into the cigarette lighter. The Parrot ony works when the ignition is switched on. Tried the lighter this morning as you comment confussed me and it only works with ignition on, nothing when off.

Russ

My Parrot is in the ignition as well mate but all my 12v output sockets are all live at anytime. I've even left the car for an hour, come back to it and they are still live.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

jack

Jack your a legend..... Thanks..!!!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As per Jack. I looked at it a while ago after some battery trouble. Tts fuse 18 in the boot. 'Selectable power output'. It has a staggered position i.e. you can have it perm or switched.

I will try that later mate, thanks.

·
Registered
893 Posts
did it only last week myself and it works as the manual says. two positions. take your pick

·
Registered
682 Posts
Mines like that as well pete, turn the ignition off and the front cig lighter is dead although the one under the armrest and the one in the boot are always live i believe, by the way i got one of those dash cams like yours delivered on monday so gonna have a play at the weekend.:D

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts