Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dang, that's just ridiculous. It's hot here today - 110ºF is what the airport is reporting (the "official" temp) with the radio saying the hottest spot in town is 115ºF. But the car knows better - it says it's 130ºF!!!

Yes, I've had the "fix" (new flash thingie dated something likeJuly 2004). Looks like it's still broken.

I've been driving our 1996 STS all week except today, and the weather's been about the same - actually, a bit hotter. The Caddie would read 110ºF - 116ºF driving home on the same route. The radio guys said the airport temp was ~112ºF for most of the days.

But c'mon - the "C" read 120ºF to 130ºF all the way home today. I think I'd rather not have a temp thingie at all than have one that reads wrong!!! I've got 8,000 miles on her now - she'll be a year old in about 6 weeks. She's been in only once for dealer service. Time to have her in - actually, PAST time, but she's had all her oil changes on time (Valvoline synthetic - yes, 5W-20 weight).

Anyhow, just thought the temp thing was a bit over the top. 130ºF... Sheesh...

·
Registered
252 Posts
yeah i live in south florida and mine read 115 the other day. lol it sure felt like it was that hot but it wasnt even in the mid 90's

·
Registered
124 Posts
urbanchemist said:
yeah i live in south Florida and mine read 115 the other day. lol it sure felt like it was that hot but it wasn't even in the mid 90's
Mine read 108 here is Tampa, like you it was only the mid 90's. I asked to have it checked 2 weeks ago when I dropped her off for her 1st service. I was told the software upgrade didn't apply to my 300c, so they did nothing. I guess I'll complain again at my next service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts