Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2014 300C (brand new) on the 11th of Feb. When the dealer was doing the delivery instruction to me, he got to the part about the Uconnect radio. He was diving through all the menus explaining everything in great detail. When he got to the Sirius Travel Link nothing would load. Every option shows "Data Not Available". I ask him if it was not activated and he said that all the vehicles come from Chrysler with a full functioning demo. Once the vehicle is registered as sold in the system it will switch over to my name, but regardless it should be working. He then goes on to tell me that he has no rhyme or reason why some of the vehicles he demos works and some don't in regard to travel link operation. Honestly I was in a rush to meet my Wife at her Doctor's appointment so I couldn't careless at that time.

Yesterday I spent over 2 hours on the phone with Sirius trying to get Travel Link to work and nothing they tried or did resolved the issue. The radio and traffic have functioned since day one of ownership, it's just Travel Link that hasn't worked. They literally tried refreshing the signal, deactivating the account and then reactivating it, etc. I hung up with them creating an "escalation ticket" for the engineering team to call me back supposedly today.

The one thing that I wanted to try was to factory reset the Uconnect in the car and start fresh. I searched all in the dealer menu and settings and even Googled and couldn't come across a "factory reset" or hard reset option. First off, has anyone had any issues similar to this with Travel Link? Secondly, is there a factory reset option, and if so how to you go about executing it?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No one has found a factory reset on the 8.4 radios short of pulling the fuse, which is not the same thing. :( I see a new radio in your future.
You really think it is a bad head unit? They guy who demoed the car made it seem as if it was normal that they didn't work during the demo

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
If you are no longer in the demo period, the dealer's remark doesn't apply.

That said, my experience with SiriusXM is all bad. My radio never allows me the SiriusXM free listen periods, such as the one that ended today. Regular CSRs and the equipment technical group tell me to "tune to channel 5", which of course doesn't exist on my radio unless authorized. So I could blame SiriusXM just as easily.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If you are no longer in the demo period, the dealer's remark doesn't apply.

That said, my experience with SiriusXM is all bad. My radio never allows me the SiriusXM free listen periods, such as the one that ended today. Regular CSRs and the equipment technical group tell me to "tune to channel 5", which of course doesn't exist on my radio unless authorized. So I could blame SiriusXM just as easily.
My year free of traffic and radio switched over flawlessly. It even shows the travel link 5 years free switching over. It just won't register or function on the head unit.

In regard to the reset question. Pull the fuse as mentioned.... does that reset all the customized settings in the menus, i.e., tilt mirrors down in reverse, link key, etc.?

That' the first time I've ever heard of tuning to channel 5. I have a been using Sirius off and on way back when it was being launched at the 2001 CES convention. I've always been told channel 184. Just my $.02

·
Registered
422 Posts
TravelLink can be spotty at times. There were a few weeks a couple of months ago where mine was doing the same thing. It was pissing me off because I kept wanting to find gas prices.

Eventually it started working again.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TravelLink can be spotty at times. There were a few weeks a couple of months ago where mine was doing the same thing. It was pissing me off because I kept wanting to find gas prices.

Eventually it started working again.
I'm hoping that it is just a glitch. I'm personal friends with the GM of the dealership and if his guy says that they sometimes don't work and sometimes they do I believe him. I mean his job is literally the delivery guy. He does the demos day in and day out... if anyone there would know what is "normal" and what isn't he would. I will ride it out and see if it changes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My 2014c had the same. Took to dealer and ordered new radio. It was bad also. Ordered new radio, installed Friday, travelink now works. Take it to the dealer, they should make it right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same problem with travel link

I have a 2014 300S built in October of 2014.
It has exactly the same problem. Sattalite radio, navigation, traffic info all work perfectly but no travel link weather or fuel price info.

Tried a hard reset (pulled radio fuse) and then called Sirius but no change.
I am in florida now and picked up the car in Detroitr area. Travel link does not work in either place. I will take it back to the my dealer when I get back to MIchigan.

::frown::

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a 2014 300S built in October of 2014.
It has exactly the same problem. Sattalite radio, navigation, traffic info all work perfectly but no travel link weather or fuel price info.

Tried a hard reset (pulled radio fuse) and then called Sirius but no change.
I am in florida now and picked up the car in Detroitr area. Travel link does not work in either place. I will take it back to the my dealer when I get back to MIchigan.

::frown::
I actually have an appointment Wednesday to get this looked at. I'm hoping that I am going to be able to make it as something just came up that has to happen in the morning which coincidentally is the same time as my appoint that I booked 3 weeks ago. If I get bumped next appointment is next month. Ugh... I'll update this thread if I am able to make it.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
If anyone else sees this thread, do not leave the dealership with any Uconnect related problems. They will not self-resolve and they should be working.

The dealer should replace the unit if they can't get it working.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
And here is a "reset" option for the Uconnect 8.4/8.4N systems that I received from Uconnect support:

1. put the car in Acc
2. simultaneously press the phone and VR buttons. hold for 30 seconds
3. shut the car off (press the start button until off)
4. open the door for 30 seconds
5. start the car

Unfortunately, there is nothing visible that you can see to know the system reboots. I did hear something when I had the door opened that sounded like the amp was still on even though the radio was off. About 30 seconds in the "amp" sound dies off. you can assume the system reset is completed at that point.

Until now there is no known factory reset which will reset the unit back to the way it was when you first bought it, so any pairings, presets, etc will still be there when doing this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
And here is a "reset" option for the Uconnect 8.4/8.4N systems that I received from Uconnect support:

1. put the car in Acc
2. simultaneously press the phone and VR buttons. hold for 30 seconds
3. shut the car off (press the start button until off)
4. open the door for 30 seconds
5. start the car

Unfortunately, there is nothing visible that you can see to know the system reboots. I did hear something when I had the door opened that sounded like the amp was still on even though the radio was off. About 30 seconds in the "amp" sound dies off. you can assume the system reset is completed at that point.

Until now there is no known factory reset which will reset the unit back to the way it was when you first bought it, so any pairings, presets, etc will still be there when doing this.
Will this result in anything different then pulling the radion fuse for 5 minutes??
Do yu know if this solves the travel link issue??

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Will this result in anything different then pulling the radion fuse for 5 minutes??
Do yu know if this solves the travel link issue??
Actually, the answer is no for both. I get equivalent results by pulling the fuse (remember to open the door when you do pull the fuse).

And though it's worth a try, I doubt it will fix the travel link issue.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
At the dealership now. They took the car about 15 mins ago. Let's see what they say as I also mentioned the headlight condensation issue. The lady looked at me like it was the first time she had heard about either problem. I expected as much. I do miss being in this industry but lousy service writers make the experience that much worse.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Wow! the headlight condensation issue has been around since 2004 when the car first went on sale.

I won't comment on Uconnect because I don't want to jinx you, but my dealer is totally clueless when it comes to that system. It is just perfect to them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow! the headlight condensation issue has been around since 2004 when the car first went on sale.

I won't comment on Uconnect because I don't want to jinx you, but my dealer is totally clueless when it comes to that system. It is just perfect to them.
All I'm hoping for is them to just say, "yes it's bad we ordered a new one and it will be here xxxx"

I'm not expecting anything with the headlight issue as its been happening for over 10 years. We shall see though. I do have pictures as when I pulled in it was raining and there was none to show but I drew on the wet headlight housing where it goes to get get my point across.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Service write just came out. "I talked to the tech and he said there is a TSB on the headlights. A "thin strip of condensation" is normal and acceptable. We won't replace the lights or take any further action as chrysler states it's normal. Also, he said the travel link needs to be called in and activated." I cut her off to say that if you check the car it's been "activated since day one and I've already done all this as I explained." She said "oh I know I told him that's been done already and to look at the unit itself".

Why in the hell didn't she say that initially instead of getting me more pissed off than I already am for their excuse about condensation being acceptable. They provided me with a print out of the TSB and their example of what is and what isn't acceptable.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts