Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm calling part stores looking for 16 plugs and they are acting like I have 3 heads. There are 2 plugs per cylinder right?

Sorry if I sound like an idiot right now.

·
Registered
633 Posts
right you are

·
Banned
5,754 Posts
yep 2 plugs per cylinder.. I get the same look from them when I go to get them..

motorcycle dealer is even worse.. I have a V-Twin with dual plugs per cylinder.. the local Hog shop thinks I'm insane..

·
Registered
426 Posts
I went to the autozone to get a lower temp t-stat and gave the guy the number and he said his parts catalog doesn't list it as the number so he had to know the model and manufacturer of the vehicle, Then he said he didn't have a 300c SRT listing in the book.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
I went to the autozone to get a lower temp t-stat and gave the guy the number and he said his parts catalog doesn't list it as the number so he had to know the model and manufacturer of the vehicle, Then he said he didn't have a 300c SRT listing in the book.
Chris,
Please read the attached post by Meister that explains exactly how to handle that very problem you mentioned when ordering from Autozone:

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/140064-post1.html

bruno

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
Omg

Better be careful, some of those auto parts people are pretty poorly educated, and they love to ACT like they know what they're talking about.

Good idea to get it right before you go. Then tell them what you want!

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
Better be careful, some of those auto parts people are pretty poorly educated, and they love to ACT like they know what they're talking about.
I've got a couple co-workers like that..... drives me freakin' nuts!

On some things though, you gotta cut the parts guy some slack; there are SO many vehicles out there that there's no way to know all the minutae of every car; for example I know the new gen hemi takes 16 plugs because I own 2 of them; but I probably wouldn't have known that otherwise.

Just for fun I checked our computer cataloging (NAPA) for spark plugs, because for any given part it's "supposed" to tell me the quantity "per car". The reason I say 'supposed to" is it is often wrong. Sure enough for my 2005 300C 5.7, the computer says 8 plugs. Even funnier if I look up a 2006 5.7 hemi, it shows 16 spark plugs under the Champion part number, but only 8 under the Autolite part number - - So I guess the Autolite's are twice as good? :biggrin: You get my point... unless the parts guy owns the same car you do or has special knowledge of that particular vehicle, he's only as good as the information provided him.

Oh and as a general rule of thumb, if you find a good parts guy that actually takes his job seriously, NEVER tell him "that doesn't matter" when he asks you what year the car is, etc...... It may or may not matter but it takes less time to just answer the question! :pat: :biggrin: :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts