Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the tires on my 300C Wagon and have received advice from the tyre dealers (4 so far) in Canb that only one of their tyre manufactures stock the standard tyre size of 225/60 R18. This is the Pirelli P7, which I have had quotes for approx $385 per tyre. This price seems rather expensive?

Can anyone advise whether there are other brands available in Aust and in particular whether I could fit 235/60 R18 tyres instead, which have a much bigger range I'm told and are almost a third off the price? If these were an option how would the additional wheel height affect the speedo etc...?

TIA
Steve

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Not sure about anyone else but I think that price for the P7 is cheap?

The rolling OD diameter for the 225/60 is 727mm
Results

Outer Diameter:Sidewall OD (mm)270Rim OD (mm)457Total OD (mm)727

and the rolling diameter for the 235/60 is 739mm
Results

Outer Diameter:Sidewall OD (mm)282Rim OD (mm)457Total OD (mm)739

thats only a 12mm overall diameter differance between the 225 and the 235 so I will not affect your speedo, QLD law allows you to have up to +/- 15mm OD from OEM tyres so they will be ok, the only drama I can see you having it the tyre LOAD rating with other brands. Let us know how you go? :fing02:

here is a link to the site that I use
Kumho Tyres Australia Pty Ltd

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
Some of the hire car guys just buy the complete wheel and tyre sets from people who have put 22s on their rides.
You can usualy get the set for around $800 to $1000 depending on mileage.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hi Steve McC

there are a number of online tyre size calculators available to check your desired sizes. The better ones give you all the wheel and tyre dimensions and resultant percentage change from the original size.

for the 18" wheel I would suggest a slightly wider and lower profile tyre 245x55 R18 that fits perfectly :fing02:
To find a shop that stocks this size may be a little difficult though.
Good luck in your search.

I ended up buying larger wheels to get more tyre size options :biggrin:
Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Just changed all 4 on mine after 53,000 km with a set of wheels/tyres I bought last year from "Fadi". In USA they are selling those stock sized tyres at very good price. (check up the Zechausen website under the tyre links) At one point I were tempting to have them imported, but now I don't have to worry for the next 50,000+ km. I will be interested to see what sort of price for the stock size tyre in Canberra. $385 is a bit too much but it is not unusual as the tyres size is not popular.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hi wog boy

Lucky u did :). I tried inserting the link to 1010 but it wouldn't let me.
It just showed xxxxxxxx in the site detail???
1st time i've encountered it here. Maybe it's a nono to mention other sites??
Cheers

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Hi wog boy

Lucky u did :). I tried inserting the link to 1010 but it wouldn't let me.
It just showed xxxxxxxx in the site detail???
1st time i've encountered it here. Maybe it's a nono to mention other sites??
Cheers
Hey Jaffa, Yeah it did it to me also, I think your right but I think I have a way around it :biggrin:
Compare Tyre Sizes :( Nope didn't work for me either

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Many thanks to all for the advice to date and the tyre links, these will come in handy for providing me with other options in my search.

regards
Steve

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
For the stock tyres, another option is to ring around the tyre places that sell bling wheels and tyres as they often trade in the OEM wheels and tyres. I had some tyres changed at Tyrepower and they told me they had traded a few sets and were selling near new tyres for around $220 each. Some of these tyres only have the mileage from the dealership to the tyre place on them.

Definitely keep an eye on ebay if you are not in a hurry, I picked up a set of brand new wheels and tyres for $760. These look like they were taken off pre-delivery as they still have stickers on them telling the dealer to check the tyre pressure. They even came with pressure senders, which is a bit of a bonus as most guys swap them into their new wheels.

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
I might have a brand new set of 18" rims and tyres by the end of the week that I would part with for $1000.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
"Michaelr" I may make a trip down to Melbourne when you have those wheels/tyres for $1000. Will I get the pressure sensors too?

·
Registered
439 Posts
I just bought a new set of pirelli P7s for $700.00 Quoted $375.00 for 1 at Bob Janes

They also said only the Pirelli available in the factory supplied size ,18 Inch

1 - 17 of 17 Posts